Couple of BSOD errors that I can't seem to fix, Ntoskrnl.exe

Wicked Chaos

Reputable
Dec 1, 2015
So, Lately I've been having a couple of BSOD errors that I just can't seem to get rid of. I keep looking for things online but everything I've tried is to no avail. I've even tried resetting my PC to do a clean install of Windows 10, but every time I do, It says there is an error and can't do it about %50 of the way in and reverts. These errors happen at random too, Usually when i'm just in my browser or something, never when I'm playing a game. I have tried updating my drivers. I am currently having a little lag and distorted audio also right now.

Specs:

Computer name: B-MO
Windows version: Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 14393
Windows dir: C:\WINDOWS
Hardware: MS-7900, MSI, A88X-G45 GAMING (MS-7900)
CPU: AuthenticAMD AMD A10-7870K Radeon R7, 12 Compute Cores 4C+8G AMD586, level: 21
4 logical processors, active mask: 15
RAM: 11747414016 bytes total

Here is the whocrashed info:

On Fri 11/25/2016 6:34:46 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\112416-36265-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x14A510)
Bugcheck code: 0x139 (0x3, 0xFFFFF800EBAC5850, 0xFFFFF800EBAC57A8, 0x0)
Error: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: The kernel has detected the corruption of a critical data structure.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Thu 11/24/2016 4:37:51 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\112316-49218-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x14A510)
Bugcheck code: 0xC1 (0xFFFF8B0724EAEE70, 0xFFFF8B0724EAEB0C, 0x34190, 0x32)
Error: SPECIAL_POOL_DETECTED_MEMORY_CORRUPTION
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that the driver wrote to an invalid section of the special pool.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

If there is anything else I need to upload, let me know.

Solution
The KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE bug check has a value of 0x00000139. This bug check indicates that the kernel has detected the corruption of a critical data structure.
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/jj569891(v=vs.85).aspx

The SPECIAL_POOL_DETECTED_MEMORY_CORRUPTION bug check has a value of 0x000000C1. This indicates that the driver wrote to an invalid section of the special pool.

Cause
A driver has written to an invalid section of the special pool.
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff560183(v=vs.85).aspx

Follow the instructions on this page, lets see if we can get the driver to show itself...

Colif

Win 11 Master
The KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE bug check has a value of 0x00000139. This bug check indicates that the kernel has detected the corruption of a critical data structure.
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/jj569891(v=vs.85).aspx

The SPECIAL_POOL_DETECTED_MEMORY_CORRUPTION bug check has a value of 0x000000C1. This indicates that the driver wrote to an invalid section of the special pool.

Cause
A driver has written to an invalid section of the special pool.
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff560183(v=vs.85).aspx

Follow the instructions on this page, lets see if we can get the driver to show itself: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_10-update/driver-verifier-tracking-down-a-mis-behaving/f5cb4faf-556b-4b6d-95b3-c48669e4c983

as for reset, try this
right click start button
choose command prompt (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter
once its finished, whether it works or not, copy/paste this into same window (needs to be exact)
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and press enter

DISM cleans the image Reset uses to reinstall win 10, SFC uses that image to clean the system files used to run win 10. IF SFC found corruption it couldn't find first time, rerun it again and restart PC

If DISM asks for source files, are you on Win 10 version 1607?
right click start
choose run...
type winver and press enter
if it says Version 1607, do the following:
Download a copy of the win 10 iso from Here - create ISO by telling it you want to make DVD - and then mount that ISO in file explorer (see Here) and then copy paste the below command into command prompt (admin)

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:X:\Sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess
Where "X" is the drive letter where the ISO is located. Simply change the "X" to the correct drive letter

If your version isn't 1607, go Here and press upgrade now, this will download the upgrade assistant. Run it and it will upgrade you to latest version of win 10. That will also fix reset.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS