Headphones swapping between ready, unplugged, and unlisted

Zenith_Nadir

Commendable
Nov 26, 2016
So I have a strange problem with my front audio panel, or so I think at least. From my front audio panel, i cannot connect my headphones and get audio from them, but my mobo audio out worked fine, so i used that for a while before getting an ASUS Xonar DGX PCI-E GX2.5. Now after installing the right drivers, I still have no use of the front audio panel, and under playback devices in the sound manager it actually shows that Headphones is swapping between not plugged in, ready, and simply not even being listed at all. I've tried swapping between HD Audio and AC '97 on both the motherboard and within the software that came with the Xonar to no avail.

Please help.

Current Build:
Mobo: Asus M5A99X EVO R2.0
CPU: AMD FX 8350
Gpu: XFX HD 7950
RAM: 16GB DDR3
C-Drive: Kingston UV400 120 GB SSD

Whats your psu model name and number, also what is your pc case name and model number ?
Open he case back up, look inside of it, make sure the case audio 2 wires are connecting properly.
If the wire is having a tight time trying to stay on the mobo's hd audio 2 slot don't bother with it.
You may need to call the maker of your case for a longer audio wire that will be more secure.

front_sm.jpg

Zenith_Nadir

Commendable
Nov 26, 2016
I have a corsair GS 800 for a psu, it doesnt have a model number, and for a chasis I have a Nanoxia Deep Silence 5
(http://nanoxia-world.com/en/products/cases/deep-silence-series/deep-silence-5-rev.-b/212/deep-silence-5-rev.-b-dark-black)

The length of the cable is no issue, I actually have excess cable whether I string it to the sound card or the mobo. Checking the connection on the front panel itself, there is a solid connection still as well.

Zenith_Nadir

Commendable
Nov 26, 2016
Awesome song choice, and I've tried both 48KHz and 96KHz, and I have the volume set for 50%. The line out on the back of the sound card works great, better than my on board sound by far.

Zenith_Nadir

Commendable
Nov 26, 2016
Update: After completely uninstalling the DGX drivers and checking the playback devices, the problem still persists, so I'm not sure that its a driver or software issue. I tried installing RealTek drivers to see if that impacted my problem, but again the same issue occurs. It seems to bog down the DGX software as well as it is constantly updating itself each time the that it detects changes with the headphone jack, so I either have the option of not using the software, or spending 10+ minutes trying to change any setting, hoping that I can do it before it updates again.

Zenith_Nadir

Commendable
Nov 26, 2016
Also, if its useful to know, I just upgraded to a SSD, so I had completely wiped my system with a fresh win 10 install, meaning on my C-drive I only have windows and around ten programs, with my steam and media libraries exclusively on other internal HDDs.

Zenith_Nadir

Commendable
Nov 26, 2016
Actually, through some tinkering, I found out that the physical jack itself was broken, so I swapped it out with a spare that I had, disabled the High Definition Audio Drivers, and finished by removing then reinstalling the DGX drivers and software, and boom everything was fixed. Thank you for all the help though mate.