Serious issue with PC on bootup after Win10 Update

AqwBroders

Commendable
Aug 26, 2016
Hi!
I've been on tomshardware before with issues and solved issues but this time it's way out of my capability.

4 days ago when I started up my PC it was some Windows upgrade (I have Windows 10) and I thought everything was fine, after the update was done it logged in to my PC like normal, while finally logged in everything was black and my taskbar was blinking (Sorry if I don't call things exactly what they're called, my system is on swedish). I thought it might be the update so I tried restarting my PC, same thing happend, my taskbar just keeps on blinking and I can't do anything, my background is black and non of the my things on the desktop is there. It has been like this for 4 days.

I can open taskmanager as normal and still open programs via taskmanager (showing this in a video). My CPU usage while doing nothing and having my PC acting weird is 15-30%, it jumps from 15, then back to 30 at the same rate that my taskbar is blinking at, coincidence? I don't know. Also while in BIOS my CPU temperature is 40C, I find this weird as I have watercooling and no overclock.

I want to do a fresh install but because my windows disc is windows 7 I don't know if I can get free upgrade to 10 again, leave that for later, rather have the issue solved than doing it that way (I have a lot of files that I need such as school work and etc)

I've been looking around and literally not found a single post about someone having the same issue, guess I'm not looking good enough.

My specifications will be found in my signature (except my 2TB harddrive from seagate), if any information I've forgot that is needed to solve the issue, just ask, I'll answer as much as I can.

I have a 51 second long video just showing a little bit of what's going on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5n_7T6cpC3w&feature=youtu.be
It's filmed with my Iphone 5s camera so the quality is not going to be top notch.

Every help recieved will be appreciated and not ignored.

Solution
Hi

If you got the free upgrade from 7 to 10 and you want to do a repair install or clean install you dont need to re install 7 first

Using the microsoft media creator download win 10 you will get this years redstone 2016 version
Ensure you select appropriate version 32 or 64 bit
And correct country and language
The home And pro versions are on same download dvd or usb

Try a repair install first
If that fails then do a clean install

It is possible a device driver update took place and it broke your system

Regards
Mike Barnes

Hi

If you got the free upgrade from 7 to 10 and you want to do a repair install or clean install you dont need to re install 7 first

Using the microsoft media creator download win 10 you will get this years redstone 2016 version
Ensure you select appropriate version 32 or 64 bit
And correct country and language
The home And pro versions are on same download dvd or usb

Try a repair install first
If that fails then do a clean install

It is possible a device driver update took place and it broke your system

Regards
Mike Barnes

Solution

AqwBroders

Commendable
Aug 26, 2016

Hey!

I've tried looking around for Repair Install but the problem is I can't do it, I don't know if I'm doing wrong or just getting denied by my system atm.

If you boot from windows 10 usb or dvd it will detect existing windows on hard disk and offer some repair options such as start up repair, install over top of existing windows or clean install of windows

There may be a recovery partition which would put win 7 back again

Regards
Mike Barnes

AqwBroders

Commendable
Aug 26, 2016

Even if I set the USB to boot priority it refuses to accept my USB, no matter what port I use and boots up normally and gives me the issue, again. I succeeded to lurk around in the settings on my PC which is confusing via Taskmanager and I am now trying a system reroll to 7 days ago before the problem occured, it probably won't fix anything but if it does I am happy, even if I lose some stuff (Succeeded to backup some things that made I within the 1 week span) but I can't get my hands on every file. I'll update the situation when I know more.

AqwBroders

Commendable
Aug 26, 2016
Hey!

It's now the next day because I went to bed, it was quite late and it took a long time.
My still had the same issue, even if it occured 4 days ago and I rollbacked 7 days so I decided to fresh install, which didn't work as my PC only booted up on the already existing OS and ignored every other boot option, even if I disconnected the harddrive and tried booting on the USB it refused to accept it.
What I did was then I tried doing so much things as possible with the little access I had and came across windows settings somehow and succeeded to do a Repair Install that way with a guide.
Now my PC works as it should and I've tried looking in to what happend but can't find anything out of order, guess it was just the Win10 update.
Thanks for your help, it was appreciated as it guided me towards Repari Install, tbh didn't really know what it was before. And I'm suppossed to be a student in an IT school that is specialized for IT.

//David Angeå

TRENDING THREADS