Pc loops restart every 10 seconds

nightcodex

Reputable
Mar 5, 2015
Hello,
Im currently facing an issue when i start my pc up it brings me the asus logo with the text saying press f2 or delete to go to bios . it shows for 10 seconds then it reboots and does the same again over and over. i think by now i already know it is an virus. but is there a way to fix it ? it runs on my ssd and keystrokes do not work so should i buy a new ssd? or run an os on my other HDD's in my pc ?

Regards night

Solution

Don't directly consider your HDD is the problem or the OS. You said that it will display the asus logo with the with delete and f2 to go BIOS. In this case during power-up it will halt in the POST or power on self test, so I suspect the problem is the mobo or the main parts installed like the RAM or GPU or...

combinebasic

Reputable
Dec 23, 2015

Don't directly consider your HDD is the problem or the OS. You said that it will display the asus logo with the with delete and f2 to go BIOS. In this case during power-up it will halt in the POST or power on self test, so I suspect the problem is the mobo or the main parts installed like the RAM or GPU or either the PSU. If you can dismantle your computer, try to isolate your HDD or power-up your computer without HDD. If it will stay by not rebooting its system it is understood your mobo, ram , cpu, and PSU is good. You can try also another HDD to make it sure. If it will reboot after you follow my instruction concentrate in troubleshooting the hardware I mention. But if will not reboot, concentrate in your HDD by reinstalling your windows. Consider your important files before to delete partitions or formatting the HDD.

Solution