Windows 10 Sticks on Login Screen During Initial Boot

CountZeroOr

Commendable
Nov 28, 2016
I have a family member who has a recurring issue with their Windows 10 installation. During the first boot of the day, when the desktop is coming up from cold, the desktop will proceed to the login screen and stop there, looking like this. (Link is to a photo of the screen on Google Photo).

The buttons on the screen will work (so she can access the on-screen keyboard and view network status), but it will not finish authenticating her account and proceed to the desktop. However, if she restarts through the restart menu, then everything will load just fine.

It's not exactly a critical issue - but I am concerned about any other underlying problems that could aggravate this, and due to my work schedule I haven't been able to work on this regularly, so this has been going on for a month (so, consequently, doing a system restore to before the issue began may not be viable), and I'd like to avoid a full operating system reinstall if at all possible. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thank you.

sandchar99

Commendable
Nov 28, 2016

Exact same problem here. Will periodically check in here to see if any insight is offered.