Computer Randomly Freezing up, audio specific issue?

Indianboysg

Reputable
Jul 20, 2015
My PC info:
HP Envy Laptop
Intel i7-6700HQ
12.0 GB Ram
64 bit Windows 10
Touch Screen
Nvidia GeForce GTX 950M

So recently my PC has been freezing around 20-30 minutes into my sessions. My mouse won't respond at all and the only thing I can do is manually power down the PC and restart it. At the same time, I noticed some audio stuttering (both from speakers and headphones). I didn't think that the two were connected until one day, I played in a USB headset that I use for gaming (has its own audio driver) and my pc ran fine for several hours. I was pretty sure that the issue then was a faulty audio driver. Here are the current ones listed under device manager.
-Intel(R) Display Audio
-Nvidia Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)
-Realtek High Definition Audio
-USB Audio Device (my headset)
The only one that had an update available was the Realtek HDA driver, but even after I did that, the audio stuttering and crashes when not using my headset persisted. Please help! I literally can't take my laptop anywhere without plugging in the headset. Thanks!

Solution
So I figured out the issue, the update required to fix this was a BIOS update not available through windows. I had to use the HP Support Assistant to locate the update and since doing so my problem seems to have been fixed. Seems it's an HP specific issue.

Indianboysg

Reputable
Jul 20, 2015
So I figured out the issue, the update required to fix this was a BIOS update not available through windows. I had to use the HP Support Assistant to locate the update and since doing so my problem seems to have been fixed. Seems it's an HP specific issue.

Solution