Need Help Choosing a Monitor!

AlexTheTechFreak

Commendable
Apr 28, 2016
I need a bit of insight here. I'm looking at two 27" monitors that I'm interested in upgrading to but they both come at a sacrifice. One monitor is an IPS panel but only supports Free-sync, the other is a TN panel but is G-sync capable.

I plan on buying a GTX 1070 and quite possibly a second one down the line but I'm unsure of that right now. Which would you say is more important? The better color accuracy and viewing angles or the benefits of G-sync? I should also note that this PC will be primarily used for gaming.

Both of the monitors I'm considering are in the $600 area. I know the ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q is both IPS and G-sync capable but it's about $800 and I'd rather spend that extra money elsewhere now that I have other important expenses. :pfff:

Solution
Ehh, never mind. I've decided to go with the IPS display. Figured with a 1070 my FPS will never plummet to the point where I'll need G-sync and if it does then it's likely in a poorly optimized game.

AlexTheTechFreak

Commendable
Apr 28, 2016
Ehh, never mind. I've decided to go with the IPS display. Figured with a 1070 my FPS will never plummet to the point where I'll need G-sync and if it does then it's likely in a poorly optimized game.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS