GPU not detected after activiating Windows 10 Pro

yomeind00d

Commendable
Nov 28, 2016
Yesterday i bought my new pc, has GTX 1070, it was running amazingly until i bought the product key and activated windows 10 Pro, however to clarify i was running windows 10 education trial, and from that i downloaded pro and activated pro. This deleted all my apps and files and so i had to redownload everything, however when i downloaded the GPU driver form Nvidia website, it showed it to be "not compatible with this version of windows". Furthermore it wasnt appearing in Device Manager and the BIOS was set to PCI-e adaptor and not integrated graphics. I am really confused why this has happened.
THE GPU has white LED and that lights up fine. ALSO the REFRESH RATE OF MONITOR IS CLOCKED TO 64HZ, while previously while the GPU was working (pre-activating windows 10 pro) i was recieving smooth 144hz

- I tried DDU and reinstalling drivers,
- Latest and 2nd last Nvidia driver for Windows 10 64bit for 1070
- Restart PC
- Check BIOS

yomeind00d

Commendable
Nov 28, 2016
MERGED QUESTION
Question from yomeind00d : "GPU not detected after activating w10 PRO from w10 EDUCATION"

Yesterday i bought my new pc, has GTX 1070, it was running amazingly until i bought the product key and activated windows 10 Pro, however to clarify i was running windows 10 education trial, and from that i downloaded pro and activated pro. This deleted all my apps and files and so i had to redownload everything, however when i downloaded the GPU driver form Nvidia website, it showed it to be "not compatible with this version of windows". Furthermore it wasnt appearing in Device Manager and the BIOS was set to PCI-e adaptor and not integrated graphics. I am really confused why this has happened.
THE GPU has white LED and that lights up fine. ALSO the REFRESH RATE OF MONITOR IS CLOCKED TO 64HZ, while previously while the GPU was working (pre-activating windows 10 pro) i was recieving smooth 144hz

- I tried DDU and reinstalling drivers,
- Latest and 2nd last Nvidia driver for Windows 10 64bit for 1070
- Restart PC
- Check BIOS

TRENDING THREADS