[SOLVED] Low FPS after new Monitor?! (SOLVED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjukaant2

Commendable
Nov 29, 2016
Low FPS since new monitor?! Need fix!

My current setup:
Hardware
Mouse:Razer Deathadder 2013
Mousepad: Razer Goliathus (90x40cm)
Headphones: HyperX Coud2
Cpu: i7 4790k
Motherboard: Z97X-Gaming3
Memory: 16 gb DDR3
Monitor: ACER XF270H
Storage: 250 GB SSD 700 GB HDD
Graphicscard: NVIDIA GTX 970
Connection: Fiber 250/100

UPDATE

I did two benchmark tests using PCMark 7 Basic Edition these are the results:

4 049 with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970(1x) and Intel Core i7-4790K
5 567 with Intel HD Graphics 4600(1x) and Intel Core i7-4790K

This is obviously very weird as my motherboards GPU has better performance when it shouldn't.
With this clue, does anyone know if my GPU is broken somehow? I only plugged in a new monitor and this happened...my GTX 970 wasn't exactly cheap and it'd be hard to replace since I just bought this new monitor

I recently bought a new monitor, I ordered it on Black Friday and got it monday afternoon. It was an ACER XF270H 27" Monitor 144 hz 1 ms (https://www.inet.se/produkt/2205435/acer-27-predator-xf270h#merinfo).

Before plugging this new monitor in I had a W2240 from LG which is 60 Hz and I've had for many years (http://www.lg.com/uk/monitors/lg-W2240S-lcd-monitor).
I had good fps on all newest games and I ran them at High settings or even ultra over 60 fps.

But when I plugged in my new monitor using DisplayPort I only got ca 40 fps in CS:GO when I used to have over 150. I checked all possibly things like if I made sure my new monitor was set on 144 Hz, I checked drivers and I even downgraded the newest drivers when they didn't solve it to check if other versions helped. And by that I mean that I checked drivers for my GPU.

I really want to feel the 144 Hz experience and I simply cannot with puny 40 fps.

If you want any more information, please ask and I'll answer as soon as possible since I want this fixed!

sjukaant2

Commendable
Nov 29, 2016

No I am 100% sure it's plugged into the GPU since I only have VGA and HDMI on my motherboard and I am using DisplayPort directly into my GPU.

I thought this was the problem at first but I quadruple-checked that I connected it to the GPU and not the Motherboard itself.

sjukaant2

Commendable
Nov 29, 2016

Well do you know any kind of way to check this or any way of solving this? Help is greatly appreciated!

Try this:
Userbenchmark (http://www.userbenchmark.com)
it will let you know how your system stacks up, and can highlight some things to look at.
Good Luck!

sjukaant2

Commendable
Nov 29, 2016
I resolved the issue, I replaced my Graphics Card at the second PCIe slot on my motherboard and it worked fine, must've been some bad pins or something but it all works fine now. Still wondering how my new monitor caused it? Perhaps it was when I moved my PC from top of the desk to under it jumped out a bit and got a bad connectin. Never the less, it works just fine now. With both the new monitor and the old to my left! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.