windows 10 black screen and blink dash after reinstall my windows from ssd into hdd HELP !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crizelav

Commendable
Nov 29, 2016
i just bought the kingston ssd 60gb to put at my desktop. then, when i format my hdd and put the system and windows 10 into my ssd, i cant open my pc. whenever i open it, white blink dash appear after bios screen. i already make the boot priority into my ssd. i also tried to reinstall windows back but whenver i press my boot usb device, it goes to the blink dash. is it because i put the system into the ssd ? so right now it split into three partition which is my hdd, system reserved about 500mb in my ssd and also windows intalled in ssd. tq

Solution
Lets change the boot order.

1. Restart your PC (if you are in the black screen with the flashing cursor still)

2. If you know the key to enter your BIOS screen, start tapping it as soon as your PC boots up.
- NOTE: If you can't see what the key to enter your BIOS is, try "F11" or the "DEL" key.

3. Once you are at the BIOS screen, locate your boot order settings.

4. When you find the boot order menu, select the drive with the Windows Installation to be first.

5. The load screen may take a long time so be patient.

Crizelav

Commendable
Nov 29, 2016

already checked it and the ssd is already set to boot but still nothing happen.

Crizelav

Commendable
Nov 29, 2016

if u mean install media is the windows usb , i already click it but still going into the blink dash.

Crizelav

Commendable
Nov 29, 2016

just done it but still got the blink dash. try install the windows but still its going towards the blinking dash when i choose the usb instead of ssd for booting.

Crizelav

Commendable
Nov 29, 2016

yup, i press f8 which went into whether i want to choose my usb or ssd for boot, i also try both of it but still nothing happen.

You need to enable booting from non-EFI devices. This option can be found in most BIOS's called the Compatibility Support Module. This option is sometimes hidden until you disable Secure Boot. I've also seen it hidden until Fast Boot is disabled. Once you enable the CSM module and set it to boot EFI + Legacy boot devices you shouldn't have any trouble booting your USB device.

If this doenst help your USB must have UEFI boot enabled. To do so, burn your ISO image to stick using Rufus (download here: http://rufus.akeo.ie/downloads/. Select 'Rufus V1.3.4'and download it. Open the tool and under partitioning Options select 'GPT Partition Scheme for UEFI computer'. Select your ISO from the small CD Drive Icon under format options. Click start. When finished reboot your computer and select the UEFI USB options from the manufacturer's boot options.

Crizelav

Commendable
Nov 29, 2016

my bios just have the fast boot and i just disable fast boot but still cant find Csm module. i already restart it after i disable my fast boot but still doesnt have the CSM module. i done the boot usb that was from uefi but still nothing happens.

Crizelav

Commendable
Nov 29, 2016

i just done it many times using windows 7 and also windows 10 for boot usb but still nothing happened. i also use the official one which from the microsoft itself.

Crizelav

Commendable
Nov 29, 2016

just done it, removing all the wires and clean it, put the usb to every usb port that had on the motherboard but still blinking dash.

Lets change the boot order.

1. Restart your PC (if you are in the black screen with the flashing cursor still)

2. If you know the key to enter your BIOS screen, start tapping it as soon as your PC boots up.
- NOTE: If you can't see what the key to enter your BIOS is, try "F11" or the "DEL" key.

3. Once you are at the BIOS screen, locate your boot order settings.

4. When you find the boot order menu, select the drive with the Windows Installation to be first.

5. The load screen may take a long time so be patient.

Solution
Feb 11, 2021
i just bought the kingston ssd 60gb to put at my desktop. then, when i format my hdd and put the system and windows 10 into my ssd, i cant open my pc. whenever i open it, white blink dash appear after bios screen. i already make the boot priority into my ssd. i also tried to reinstall windows back but whenver i press my boot usb device, it goes to the blink dash. is it because i put the system into the ssd ? so right now it split into three partition which is my hdd, system reserved about 500mb in my ssd and also windows intalled in ssd. tq

Your motherboard does not have UEFI. Therefore is supports only MBR (Master Boot Record), where as Windows 10 is on GPT, SO NO COMPATIBILITY.
Legacy MBR boot is not able to recognize GUID Partition Table (GPT) disks. It requires an active partition and supporting BIOS to facilitate access to disk.

BEST OPTION? since you have the disk, install windows 7 with MBR. It requires to delete all partitions (not format but delete all together) and start from scratch on that disk.

USAFRet

Titan
Your motherboard does not have UEFI. Therefore is supports only MBR (Master Boot Record), where as Windows 10 is on GPT, SO NO COMPATIBILITY.
Legacy MBR boot is not able to recognize GUID Partition Table (GPT) disks. It requires an active partition and supporting BIOS to facilitate access to disk.

BEST OPTION? since you have the disk, install windows 7 with MBR. It requires to delete all partitions (not format but delete all together) and start from scratch on that disk.
I sincerely hope he's not still messing with the, 4 years later.

Status
Not open for further replies.