computer starts spontaneously 3 seconds after the shutdown

horst_wessel

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2010
Good morning.

Encountered this strange bug last night: every time i shut down the computer (through start--shut down), it stays off for about 2-3 seconds and then starts up again. I read up about it on forums, and tried the following (to no avail, alas):
- "device manager" At keyboard HID and Mouse HID, also on Network adapter > power management, unchecked "allow this device to wake up computer".
- disabled "fast start" in BIOS/UEFI settings
- Windows control panel: Settings > System > "Power & sleep" > "Additional power settings" under "Related settings" > "Choose what the power buttons do" > "Change settings that are currently unavailable" > uncheck "Turn on fast startup (recommended)"
- Windows troubleshooter (useless) also produces no answers.
- "SFC/scan now" does not show any problems.
- I have updated every driver under device manager.
- Edited registry key from (0) to (1) for "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\PowerDownAfterShutdown"
- i don't have the Gigabyte ONOFF program installed (known to cause this issue)

the day the problem started, I replaced my old mouse with the new (gaming) mouse and istall logitec software. I since replaced the mouse, uninstall the software- no changes, still can't shut down.

If I hold down the power button the computer shuts off and does not restart. But that's not a solution, obviously.

I'm at the loss. Any suggestions? Thank you!