Problem with getting computer to show on screen

Simpsonnn

Honorable
Nov 30, 2015
Hello,

Basically my problem is I'm trying to get my computer to show up on my screen. The computer starts but nothing shows on the screen. I have tried 3 different TVs, 2 different hdmi cables and tried a different graphics card thinking that the ports could be broken at the back of my current one and still nothing shows on the screen. I really don't know what to do, I've been trying to get it to show for days and nothing. Anybody got any suggestions??

Simpsonnn

Honorable
Nov 30, 2015
The tvs just say no video available or no signal. My graphics card doesnt have a VGA input but I do have a DVI to VGA adapter which came with the graphics card which I have tried but still nothing displays. I have tried two HDMI cables and neither of them work.

My computer specs:

8GB RAM
2TB Hard Drive
ASUS GTX 960 2GB
650W Power supply (its a cheap make one, but I was planning to replace this along with adding new RAM, but after not even getting it to display, might need to delay this)
Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3motherboard

Simpsonnn

Honorable
Nov 30, 2015
I will try that solution when I come come home from work. And I don't think it's to do with selecting the proper input on tv because I've used these TVs before for the computer and always used the same input.

Simpsonnn

Honorable
Nov 30, 2015
One more thing, I don't think I can check if it is going to display when using vga connected to the motherboard to my tv, because surely I would need to go into the BIOS to be able to get computer to start up from the motherboard?

Well, you have to make sure you take out the grpahic card before you use the VGA port.