A weird (but not big) problem with my cpu & system interrupts.

ItsyBitz

Commendable
Nov 30, 2016
Specs
Mobo: MSI Z97 PC Mate
CPU: Intel i-5 4460k
GPU: MSI GTX 970 LIMITED
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16gb (8x2) DDR3-1866
PSU: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Semi-Modular ATX
I also have a wifi network card installed.

I would like to keep in mind that I do not expect to find a solution, but am instead simply just looking for some extra possible insight into my problem.

Hello! So ever since I first built my computer (around 1.5 years ago), I have had this strange... uh... bug(?) with it. Anytime I start it up, System Interrupts steals about 14% of my cpu. The problem is resolved when I restart my computer. (note: specifically pressing the Windows restart button in the start menu. I have a restart button on my comp but I have never pressed it so I have no idea whether or not it resolves the issue)

After a quick google search, all I have really found is that System Interrupts is caused by something not working properly.

Over the past 1.5 years, this is the small amount of knowledge about it I have built up:

• The only surefire trigger (other than starting up my computer) I have found for System Interrupts is when I put my computer to sleep.
    It has nothing to do with my peripherals, as switching them around with others does not affect the issue in any way.
    I am fairly confident that all of my drivers are the correct ones and are installed properly.
    Over the course of its lifetime, I have reset this comp twice to keep things nice and clean. Both times I have used the Windows 10 "Reset this PC" option, and I have used both options it comes with. This leads me to believe it is not a problem with the OS unless the OS is clashing with one of my parts.

Additionally, I have generally never had problems with my computer. No random shut-offs or black screens. Launches perfectly every time (other than sys interrupts ofc). My comp is almost never on for more than 1 day. I don't believe it has ever overheated, although I do push the cpu close sometimes. Then again, the issue has existed ever since I made the comp, so I doubt that would be a cause.

So! By process of elimination, this has led me to believe it is either

Some random minor fault in one of my parts
    Some random conflict that is happening between two (or more I guess) of my parts.
    The OS is clashing with one of my parts

What I would like is some insight as to what could be causing this problem. What part of my comp do you think could be the culprit, or is it more likely a combination of them not working properly together?

Thank you for your time.

I am Not using Windows 10, but I am sure the same file/program I will mention is in W10 just as it is in W7.

Open msconfig. In 7 it is easiest to find this by clicking the start button and typing "msconfig" in the search menu.
Right click on 'msconfig' (it should be at the top of the displayed list) and click 'run as administrator".
Once it opens, on the General tab, click the button for 'Selective startup'.
Now, on top, click the tab labeled "Services"
At the bottom, or where ever it shows up, check/click the box "Hide all Microsoft services"..
Seeing as you have no idea what service may be causing the problem, click the larger button "disable all" and these services will be shut off. Click "Apply".
Next: Click the tap at the top labeled "Startup". Uncheck everything there except possibly your sound (mine is "Realtek HD Au...."). If you recognize a program that you are absolutely sure you need at start leave it checked also. Again click on "Apply."
Now click "OK" and I believe it will ask you to restart, go ahead and do so.

If the problem does NOT occur over the next several hours or days of use then you move on the the next troubleshooting steps ie. you go back into 'msconfig' and (the way I have done it) you turn on one "startup" item then restart; and again use the computer for awhile. Once again, if the problem doesn't reappear, go back to msconfig and check/click-on/start another program.
IF during this procedure your problem starts again, then the last 'startup' item you turned on is the one causing the conflict.
YOU can also do the same thing beginning with "Services". Just remember to hide all Microsoft service whenever you make a change. If you go all the way through the "Startup" menu and everything is turned on and the problem is not recurring, you might Have to go through the 'service' menu to see if it is some 'service' causing the issue.

It is a rather long and tedious process, but possibly the best way of finding the conflict/problem application.