Size vs Resolution

Alobremoh92

Commendable
Nov 30, 2016
So what do you guys think is more important, size or resolution?

Imagine a 32 inches monitor 1680*1050. Now a 21 1920*1080 monitor. What would you prefer?

I know it's a personal decision and it depends on how far you are from the screen, your GPU, or whatever you like, but try to defend your ideas as much as you can please.

Also, at same size (22 inches), ¿ how big is the difference from 1680*1050 to full HD?

Thanks you all from Spain.

Solution
I game and compute on a 55in 4k Samsung, and I have to say, I've enjoyed larger screens for a long time, but you have to change the mindset, and you really need to get the screen that's right for you. If you had say a 1050ti graphics card and were only watching blu ray movies or Netflix, 1080p might be the best bet. If you're a competitive twitch gamer, then you may want a 1650x900@ 144Hz or whatnot. Personally, I go size firstmost. But I don't sit with my nose on my monitor either. The thing is, you can get a 1080p that looks great, and at the same size, a 4k that looks terrible and don't get me started on upscaling/downscaling. Also, you have to worry about LCD type (LED Tvs are actually LCD, they're just using LED for the...

codygriffy

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2013
I wouldn't go lower than 1920 x 1080 now a days. The difference in how clear things look versus a monitor that can only go 1680x1050 is very noticeable. And If I had to choose between those two I'd obviously pick the 21'' with the higher res. A 32'' that can onlly go 1680x1050 sounds like it would have a lot of distortion issues. A better question might be what is the minimum inches for a 4k monitor? I believe 28'' is as low as you can go if you want the 4k experience.

I game and compute on a 55in 4k Samsung, and I have to say, I've enjoyed larger screens for a long time, but you have to change the mindset, and you really need to get the screen that's right for you. If you had say a 1050ti graphics card and were only watching blu ray movies or Netflix, 1080p might be the best bet. If you're a competitive twitch gamer, then you may want a 1650x900@ 144Hz or whatnot. Personally, I go size firstmost. But I don't sit with my nose on my monitor either. The thing is, you can get a 1080p that looks great, and at the same size, a 4k that looks terrible and don't get me started on upscaling/downscaling. Also, you have to worry about LCD type (LED Tvs are actually LCD, they're just using LED for the backlight, in some cases, there are LED Tv/monitors where the LEDs are lit, but most of them are in baseball stadiums and horse tracks and such...) It sounds like a simple question, but the more ya know, the harder it becomes to answer.

Solution