Samsung Monitor Very Blurry and Yellowish Tint Color?

pauly01

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2013
I bought a used monitor because i cannot get this type of monitor where im located with this resolution.

This monitor is called Samsung Syncmaster t240hd. Its an hdtv monitor with 1920 x1200 resolution for monitor. I believe if used as a TV, its 1920 x 1080 though but i wont use it for tv.

This monitor if you look on my laptop compared to this monitor, you notice there is yellowish tint color on the monitor? For example if you go on google.com or wikipedia, i will post pictures of how it looks on my laptop screen vs my monitor screen.

This also makes reading and looking at this hdtv monitor harder. My laptop is dell xps 15 9550 and very nice. But its just harder to read on this hdtv. I tried making brightness higher than 45 and this makes it much worst. The lower it is, a bit better but its just harder to read on it.

Can someone tell me how i can fix this issue? Also i wasn't aware of this but this hdtv monitor has glass over the monitor. Is this how all hdtv monitors are? Is that the reason why its harder to read on this as oppose to a regular monitor?

Are there settings i can change that i can make reading words and letters much easier?

These are the settings when i click on the menu button

Mode: Standard
Backlight: 8
Contrast: 95
Brightness: 45
Sharpess: 50 (can't change)
Color : 60 (can't change)
tint: 50 (can't change)

Picture options

Color tone: normal
size: width

sound

Mode: music
auto volume: on
tv speaker: on

setup:

melody: medium
light effect: when watching tv
light level: 5

KinbokeinKodaav

Reputable
Aug 5, 2015
Here I suggest using this as a calibration guide http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/? And downloading its drivers on its product page http://www.samsung.com/us/business/support/owners/product/LS24TDNSUV/ZA

But you might want to check your connections because it often happens that colours do change to yellow (for me) if its not connected correctly. Also downloading other drivers for your PC and keeping them to date.

And I do see that there are some setting that you are unable to change, but if the yellow continues after checking your connections and doing the other things you might just have to deal with the best looking colours sadly.

Sorry for the trouble this is causing you.

pauly01

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2013
hi my connections are fine. I checked this.

Someone recommended me to do calibration settings. I did this however... i cannot get all the dots to be removed in gamma. The tie and the white shirt, i made no changes becaues i could tell difference. I then applied these changes only to my samsung monitor.

I noticed that the screen was a bit darker which i liked. However when i viewed pictures, it was lot darker where there is no brightness on it which i did not like. So i went back to calibration and clicked okay on each one without making changes thus its back to default.

Is there a way to make my samsung monitor display settings exactly like my laptop? Laptop is dell xps 15 and the dsiplay is just very good. Is there a way to do this on my samsung monitor to copy the exact settings? Thus check contrast, brightness etc level on this dell and copy it on the samsung? Or a laptop screen you cannot check this since its not a monitor? When my asus monitor worked, it was very good. It was pretty much the same level as this laptop screen. It was bright enough, google site showed white and it wasn't like the picture where it displayed that yellow thing.

KinbokeinKodaav

Reputable
Aug 5, 2015

Other than the things I suggested I can't say much else sorry, I don't know much about monitors. But to me it seems like your monitor is just going to have to be the way it is. You can do things within your graphics driver menus, but that's also not in my area of expertise.

pauly01

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2013
I brought the monitor to the computer place. The guy looked it over and didn't notice the color at all. He had connected the monitor to his computer. I noticed that it looked okay. I then connected the monitor to my laptop. It looked okay but when i showed a chrome page on the laptop and one the monitor, there was a difference you notice but i didn't notice it as much at my place. I then showed pictures of how it looked if i take a picture of the google page on chrome with my iphone. I showed how its clear white on my iphone but on the monitor, you see that yellow thing. He noticed it as well. Then i went to take picture of the monitor and he noticed that there is the yellow. He then tells me he knows why and the reason is because this monitor is an old LCD monitor and LED. He said if you take a picture of it with your phone on any crt or lcd or plasma monitor of a webpage, it will display the yellow. I did not know this. Is anyone of you familiar with this? I had used crt , lcd monitors before but this was a while back. I never noticed this though... then again technology was slower back then.

But the yellow is something i noticed. He said yes everything with the monitor is fine. So does that mean i can just do the brightness/calibrate to try to get the best settings possible? Thus this monitor is like this because its LCD? Also this light isn't that bright compared to my laptop monitor. He said its because my laptop is LED screen and thats why its very bright.

I like to know is there a setting configuration out there for this samsung or any samsung lcd hdtv monitor where it can make the picture and display look the best? Such that what number to put for contrast, brightness and anything else etc.