Trying to get high fps as possible to main monitor while having 2 extra screens

Topa592

Commendable
Oct 24, 2016
I have gtx 1060 and one old card from 2004 and ofc onboard. im wondering which is best way to get highest fps to main screen and yes 2-5fps matters when i want 144fps (when checking other posts every1 says 2-5 wouldnt matter). extra monitors can have 30fps if it makes my main to have even 1fps more.

I5 6600k
gtx 1060 3gb
16gb ram
z170 pro gaming mobo

Solution
Exact same build as me. I have 3 144hz monitors all connected to the 1060 and I still get over 144fps on games likes CSGO and League( I'm a competitive player :) ) It really depends on what you use your other monitors for. If you use them for multitasking only and dont use them for triple monitor gaming, a dedicated gpu for those screen would be your best option. Something like the 1050 would be perfect. You could also connect your other monitors to your motherboard and you intergrated graphics (I think the 6600k supports it). I am not sure if its the case with these components, but I know the motherboard will sometimes automatically disable intergrated graphics and you mUst manually re-enable it in the BIOS.

MarioRud

Honorable
May 4, 2015
Exact same build as me. I have 3 144hz monitors all connected to the 1060 and I still get over 144fps on games likes CSGO and League( I'm a competitive player :) ) It really depends on what you use your other monitors for. If you use them for multitasking only and dont use them for triple monitor gaming, a dedicated gpu for those screen would be your best option. Something like the 1050 would be perfect. You could also connect your other monitors to your motherboard and you intergrated graphics (I think the 6600k supports it). I am not sure if its the case with these components, but I know the motherboard will sometimes automatically disable intergrated graphics and you mUst manually re-enable it in the BIOS.

Solution

MarioRud

Honorable
May 4, 2015

Yes, if you can try connect all the extra monitors via the same port, e.g HDMI

Topa592

Commendable
Oct 24, 2016

is it ok if onboard has 4 different one of each? could i use one dvi from onboard and one dvi from old graphics card?