Constant BSOD please help

Blt1684

Honorable
Jul 10, 2013
Okay so this all started about a month ago, I got my first bsod around the time I noticed my psi fan running on high and that same week I was getting error messages about psu over heating. So I bought a new psu and installed it. Everything seemed okay for about a week, then another bsod happened. I did some research and found that ppl were getting bsod from the free windows 10 upgrade. By this time it was a night of constant bsod and then a couple days with maybe one. So I decided I would use my other clean ssd and install a new version of my windows 7 disc. Well I tried to do just that but figured out that my optical drive had stopped working, just my luck. So I went and purchased an external optical drive, came back and inserted the windows 7 disc and started the process only to be stopped by a message about the disc drive not having the proper drivers, it said to insert the installation disc for the new external disc drive and after the drivers were installed to reinsert the windows disc. I tried that but nothing happened, I'm not sure if the installation disc did not have the drivers on them or what but that was basically what I determined. This did not make sense to me bc how on earth are u supposed to install windows on a new pc build with nothing on the ssd. I'm lost, I don't know what to do bc I just installed all new hardware in this pc except the failed optical drive.

Component: i7-6700k; gtx 980ti; Asus hero viii Maximus rog; g-skill 8gb ram and new corsair psu 850 watt.

Please help, as of right now I just made a new bootable windows 7 installation USB Zip drive and I'm going to try that

Update: I tried to install windows 7 from my bootable zip drive, but i still get the driver error. Now, im super confused because i know that it is not an issue with missing drivers for the external disc drive and it is something deeper than that. If more information is needed, please ask. Thanks in advance for any help.

Based on the chipset specification, the 100 series and Braswell platform require USB 3.0 drivers to be preloaded in order to use USB keyboard/mouse during Windows 7 installation. This section is a guide on preloading USB 3.0 drivers and installing Windows 7. Note: Utility can be found in Utility downloads or on your motherboard driver disk.
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1151/Z170-K/DE164_100_Series_Windows_7_Setup_Guide_print.pdf

Utility downloads for Windows 7

EZ Installer
Windows 7 and USB 3.0 driver installation for 100 Series and
Braswell platform

Colif

Win 11 Master
1. Do you still have win 10 installed on other drive? Download and run sho crashed: http://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed
it will look at the bsod and might show driver responsible for errors

copy/paste results here
See if we can fix that and use ssd as storage?

2. Are you only using win 7 cause you don't have a win 10 installer? if so, ,download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

i would try to install win 10 instead, the driver error is likely cause win 7 doesn't have a driver for a specific action. Win 10 probably does.

Blt1684

Honorable
Jul 10, 2013
Crash dump directory: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Fri 12/2/2016 7:25:07 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\120216-4671-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x14A3B0)
Bugcheck code: 0xEF (0xFFFFE107F2182800, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that a critical system process died.
There is a possibility this problem was caused by a virus or other malware.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Thu 12/1/2016 8:13:09 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\120116-4093-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0xEF (0xFFFF9180B5C37800, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Thu 12/1/2016 8:06:55 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\120116-4109-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0xEF (0xFFFFA38A68A6F080, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)

On Thu 12/1/2016 7:23:28 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\120116-4140-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0xEF (0xFFFF8A8C8C407800, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)

On Thu 12/1/2016 7:17:59 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\120116-3625-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ks.sys (ks+0x2A8D4)
Bugcheck code: 0x7A (0xFFFFBA87BF1919D0, 0xFFFFFFFFC000000E, 0x139905860, 0xFFFFF80F6C02A8D4)
Error: KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ks.sys
description: Kernel CSA Library
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the requested page of kernel data from the paging file could not be read into memory.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

Blt1684

Honorable
Jul 10, 2013
also i am now nervous to try and install any windows being that i dont want to try that and lose my current defective operating system, if the install gives me the device driver error. then ill have no operating system bc the ssd will have been formatted. atleast thats the way i see it, which i am sure i could be wrong but, thats where my fears lie.

Colif

Win 11 Master
ks.sys appears to be part of skype and appears to be the start of the error chain as rest of the errors blame the kernel which is unlikely.

The KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR bug check has a value of 0x0000007A. This bug check indicates that the requested page of kernel data from the paging file could not be read into memory.

some of the causes of this error are defective or loose cabling on hdd, defective ram, or bad blocks on the hdd

you replaced psu, maybe a cable is loose?

for hdd,
right click start
choose command prompt (admin)
type chkdsk c: /f and press enter
two paraghraphs pop up, press Y to agree to run at start up
restart PC and let it scan drive for bad blocks, and fix any it finds

you could also run the free version of http://www.hdtune.com/ on hdd and check its health

As for ram, run the free version http://www.memtest86.com/ of your ram, 1 stick at a time. it creates a bootable USB so don't need windows. Any more than 0 errors is too many, stick needs to be replaced.

Blt1684

Honorable
Jul 10, 2013
I don't have an HDD, I have a Samsung 850 evo ssd. Also I don't even have Skype anymore and I uninstalled it. Not sure if I said this before but I ran memtest86 with no issues. At this point I'm hoping for failed ram, I would give my left arm to only have to replace the ram. I'll try to test the ram like you said, but I have removed one stick at a time and tested with no luck, I did not test the slots tho only each stick in the first recommended slot.

Blt1684

Honorable
Jul 10, 2013
I did not run the check disc but, instead I took my pc to my friends pc repair shop and had him install windows 10 onto my ssd, so far so good but I have two updates that would not take and this is what they are:

Nvidia driver update for nvidia gtx 980ti: error 0x80248007

Waytech - input - office keyboard: error 0x80248007

Any ideas?