Monitor Issues - Help needed.

TheMightyBears

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2015
I recently bought a small BenQ monitor. On the back of the BenQ montitor was a VGA port and I didn't think that would be much of an issue. I bought a VGA to HDMI and it didn't work. Someone told me to buy VGA to HDMI adaptor so I did and that doesn't seem to be working either. The BenQ monitor keeps saying 'no cable connected'. To make matters worse, I put my normal HDMI back in the montior I've been using for years and now that doesn't work. I can see the BIOS screen when it boots up but nothing else beyond that. I'm having to write this on my PS4. Anyone any idea?

Solution
If you using a newer video card they only output digital. That device doesn't convert the signal from digital to analog. If your using an older card using VGA out the device isn't designed to convert VGA to HDMI. Also it will not work with a PS4.
1, This is not a bi-directional adapter. It only transfers signal from HDMI to VGA
HDMI----->VGA , i.e. HDMI connects to signal source, VGA connects to display device (e.g. Monitor/ TV / Projector ).

3, It does NOT work on PS4
Ok if your seeing the bios screen that is good. As your booting hit F8 if your using windows 7 and change to vga mode. Then once in windows find a setting that works with the monitor. If you have the newer windows you will have to bring up recovery mode to get to safe mode. I think this was Shift+F8 while booting up. This or use the install usb to get to safe mode.

TheMightyBears

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2015
If you using a newer video card they only output digital. That device doesn't convert the signal from digital to analog. If your using an older card using VGA out the device isn't designed to convert VGA to HDMI. Also it will not work with a PS4.
1, This is not a bi-directional adapter. It only transfers signal from HDMI to VGA
HDMI----->VGA , i.e. HDMI connects to signal source, VGA connects to display device (e.g. Monitor/ TV / Projector ).

3, It does NOT work on PS4

Solution

TRENDING THREADS