Terrible Color Banding Issue (Nvidia). Help?

McDohl

Honorable
Jun 18, 2014
Hello,

I never had an issue with color banding until about a few months ago. I noticed this around when I replaced my old TV for a Vizio 4K D Series TV so I figured that was the issue. Well, now I have a KS8000 and when this issue continued to persist I knew something was up.

Here are some screenshots of how it looks:

11r6fx0.jpg

2ldg74n.jpg

These aren't pictures taken with a camera because the issue isn't the display, but rather it is the data that's being sent to it. When I bring these photos to another computer the same banding still persists.

The game here is Dying Light, but the problem also exists in other games, and I also get some distortion in movies and images...

What I've tried:

- Windows color set to 32-bit
- RGB Full/Ycbcr 4:4:4/4cbcr 4:2:2
- 8bpc, 10bpc, 12bpc
- Various resolutions and refresh rates
- Clean install of latest drivers
- Clean install of old drivers
- Windows color calibration
- Multiple HDMI cables

I'm not sure what else to do/try. What do you suggest?

Solution
maybe ? like I said I see it bad in 1 or 2 things like that fear game its bad - I also use 355.82 driver maybe I said that all ready ?

my hybrid when I did a firestrike stress test run twice

http://imgur.com/kpno2wn

I do like it, and if the pump holds up for the long term it would be hard to go back to a air card - the pumps / cooler life is my only concern but I knew that going in so time will tell . got it on sale at newegg for 411$ [new] when the 10 series came out

i'll catch you tomorrow pac 12 championship coming on now - this will be a good week end for collage ball [roll tide]
I see that in a older game I play like a game from way back in the CRT days before these nicer hi res flatpanels were around ? maybe just how things may of been optimized , but that banding on like you show f.e.a.r 1 pc game is one I do see this pretty good then everything else looks spot on and great for a example ??

but lookin at this I found this site and played around with there tests [ NVidia 980ti/ 32'' 1080 hdtv ] all looked like a pass to me ? that may not be saying much with my poor old eyes lol]

http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/gradient.php

McDohl

Honorable
Jun 18, 2014

Thanks for the response. This color issue isn't only happening in this game, but other games, images, and also video. More specifically what is occurring in other forms of media is posterization. Here is an example/screenshot:

LlTmLep.png

This color banding and posterization is rampant among many Nvidia users, as can be seen on their forum. Do you have any ideas of what may be causing these issues?

in your 2ed screen shot I don't see it like I do in your first post you can see its bad there and like that game fear it as bad in it for me as what you first posted

the I got plenty of games and all I never see a thing and all looks great matter of fact I installed a old game called ironstorm from like 1999 and with this gtx 980ti and this 32'' hdtv I use I don't recall the game looking so good and clear , but fear , its terrible like what you showed at first ????

thing with fear was it did it with my old AMD 7850 as well

I took the same screen shot of that page from my browser

cdMOIUb.jpg

one thing I see more in yours is around the avatars ? mark like stripes around it ??

like I said I don't have eyes of a 19 year old

McDohl

Honorable
Jun 18, 2014

I took a screenshot of the same website and just zoomed out so the sides were exposed a bit more, and this is what it looks like:

iSRBDND.png

It's atrocious! However, I got my integrated graphics working and tested A/B and I confirmed that it has to be a software issue! It is producing the same exact image regardless of the graphics device that I use. Do you have any ideas of what could cause this software wise? Your image certainly doesn't look as bad (Even on my TV and running through my PC).

McDohl

Honorable
Jun 18, 2014

It's a lovely card, right? :p So nice to have something so powerful yet silent.

Yeah, it's definitely not an issue with the card or Nvidia drivers. Something software wise is causing this to destroy my colors. It seems like Windows is sending out 16-bit color even though I have 32-bit color set. :(

maybe ? like I said I see it bad in 1 or 2 things like that fear game its bad - I also use 355.82 driver maybe I said that all ready ?

my hybrid when I did a firestrike stress test run twice

http://imgur.com/kpno2wn

I do like it, and if the pump holds up for the long term it would be hard to go back to a air card - the pumps / cooler life is my only concern but I knew that going in so time will tell . got it on sale at newegg for 411$ [new] when the 10 series came out

i'll catch you tomorrow pac 12 championship coming on now - this will be a good week end for collage ball [roll tide]

Solution

TRENDING THREADS