Newegg missing items :) *changed

TRMTech

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2006
Waited a year for prices to be just right to purchase a 1tb Samsung 850 pro and 5TB Western Digital Black hard drive. Excited this evening to open my box that was waiting for me on my doorstep. Right away I notice that the box is kind of light. Well, I thought maybe it was only box 1 of 2. I opened the box and immediately saw that there were only the cables that I'd order to connect the drives. NO Harddrives! No invoice. I check online and everything should of been in this one box. Ughhhh.

So I tried calling newegg and they had me leave my phone number. At the same time I tried connecting to the live chat and waited my turn (says 2hr 45 min wait). Skip forward to 1hr and 30 minutes later.... newegg calls me back. The operator was kind and friendly. I tell her the situation and she says I have to wait at least a week because they have to contact fedex. They have to conduct an investigation.

I've ordered over $20,000 in parts over the last 14 years from newegg and this is the first time I've had missing parts. Unfortunately it's the parts I needed as soon as possible!

Let's hope newegg does the right thing and ships me two replaceable drives (not refurbs/or returns) as soon as possible. I'll document here what my experience is.

Hope to hear from newegg soon . . .

did the box look dmg/opened modified at all. where you there for deliver?

also you said you talked to the operator. she should have been able to tell you instantly if all items shipped and if there are mutli packages or not, they cannot make inquires to fedex without knowing the tracking number or numbers. so right there she should have been able to answer your question if the order was split or not or items on backorder (there have been ssd availability issues lately).

sounds like some questionable things going on already

NeweggSupport

Honorable
Jun 4, 2013
Hello TRMTech,

Thank you for taking the time to post this. We apologize for the recent negative experience and would love the opportunity to assist you with this further. At your earliest convenience please send an e-mail to wecare@newegg.com with your order details (order number, customer number, etc.) and we'll be happy to assist.

Thank you,
Dakota (Newegg Support)

TRMTech

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2006
Well Newegg got back to me on on Tuesday and said that my claim was verified. I saw on the newegg order page that the drives were showing processing to reship. They shipped out on Wednesday. I noticed that the weight was 2.5 lbs via fedex webpage. The package I initially recieved only was weighed in at .7 lbs . . . .hmmmmm It seems that the drives were never even in the original shipment. Newegg confirmed that they should have been.

Anyhow . . . I recieved the new drives on Friday. I installed them and work great.

Newegg's customer service was always polite and never accused me of any wrong doing. Thank you. I have been a long standing customer and will continue to order my parts from this outstanding company.

Thank you,
Trmtech