Switched motherboards and endless boot screen cant load windows!?!?

Darren_26

Commendable
Dec 2, 2016
So I built a PC from scratch and had an amd motherboard and processor. Recently I bought an msi motherboard with an intel chipset and an i5 to go with it. When I turn it on it says preparing auotmatic repair and.sends me to the "endless boot loop" screen. I have a windows 7 disk and try to reinstall it but it freezes when it shows the starting logo when it says"starting windows" underneath. I had windows 10 before I switched out the motherboards and processors. Plz help. I need to get this fixed soon.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Do you know if you had the anniversary edition of win 10 on the PC before you upgraded? If you recall having an upgrade that took about 40 odd minutes and restarted PC a few times during install, you may have had 1607. Reason I ask is since that version was released, windows 10 is capable of being moved from one PC to another. If you used the email address you gave Microsoft to register the upgrade as your login, its likely your licence is now tied to your email address.

as such, you should download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB, as you should be able to install it on the new PC, and activate it using your old licence.

It also sounds like your bios is ignoring the USB you trying to boot off and just trying to load windows 10 still. What motherboard did you buy?

Darren_26

Commendable
Dec 2, 2016
Its a PC Mate. I used the windows 10 creation media tool and got windows to go to the install screen but after I choose the upgrade type of installation it then says"combatibility report" and has a whole paragraph just telling me to restart the pc without the usb and it should boot automatically but it doesn't