Absolute input lag vs FPS??? MG28UQ

Davebruno

Reputable
Nov 24, 2014
Hi all, in as few words as I can:

I bought a PS4 pro, would like 4k but play competitive (wagers/tournaments).

Currently using BenQ XL2720Z (note: 60hz console limit- will stick to this screen for PC)

Thinking I can gain pixels without loosing any competitive edge since ps4 is limited at 60hz but now concerned at different lag ratings.

I need low input lag but don't mind trading a low increase in ms for 4k pixels and better colour.. I've been looking at the Asus MG28UQ. Very happy with everything I've read about it apart from the "Absolute response time" this is listed at 64 while BenQ is listed at 21ms!

Now my question is basically is the BenQ this much lower just because its tested at 144Hz against the Asus at 60Hz? If so would the difference be as drastic/any idea what the difference would be at 60Hz?

Also I have read 4k monitors are tested at 1080p does this mean it might actually be better than that?

If not is there a good choice for competitive response times at 4k through 2.0 HDMI?

Thanks for the help!

Dave

Solution
Point is though, how far is the competitive scene going to get you when you're locked to 60Hz? You're investing a good $400 minimum into something you're never truly going to advance from, and that's an expensive price to pay for a small visual upgrade.
Try CS:GO, Overwatch, SC2 or League. :p
No point buying a high end monitor for a console that costs half as much, save the cash and get a good PC.
If you're looking to get into competitive gaming, there's a much wider variety, more tournaments and a wider audience for it on PC, and I know some contacts that can get you started if you need. ;)

Davebruno

Reputable
Nov 24, 2014

I have a fairly high end PC, i7 with 980Ti but I use it more for casual play (htc vive) but I'm just used to the competitive scene on the consoles.. I play with xim4 and use mouse and keyboard so its not the controller stopping me I just never really got into any PC games that competitively..

Point is though, how far is the competitive scene going to get you when you're locked to 60Hz? You're investing a good $400 minimum into something you're never truly going to advance from, and that's an expensive price to pay for a small visual upgrade.
Try CS:GO, Overwatch, SC2 or League. :p

Solution