Help with wireless headphones

Sahil19

Commendable
Aug 11, 2016
So I bought a pair of wireless headphones, thinking that they were Bluetooth when I received them, I realized that they were ir headphones. I don't really know that much about ir so can anyone tell me if i can connect to my phone to play music?

Link for headphones: http://www.planetaudiousa.com/product/car-headphone-system-accessory-planet-audio-php22/

Solution
Well as with any such device there are three components: 1) the headphones (IR receiver), 2) an IR transmitter, and 3) the drivers for the host computer/device to make it all work.

Was there an IR transmitter sent along with the headphones? The link you provided does not indicate that to be the case.

You may need to make an additional purchase - that being the transmitter. Not sure about there being an IR transmitter for a phone. Bluetooth likely to be built in but not IR per se.

If you ordered Bluetooth you received the wrong product. Return/exchange the headphones if you can.

If you ordered the wrong product you may be able to return it for a refund or exchange. That is up to the seller and the terms of the purchase...

Ralston18

Titan
Well as with any such device there are three components: 1) the headphones (IR receiver), 2) an IR transmitter, and 3) the drivers for the host computer/device to make it all work.

Was there an IR transmitter sent along with the headphones? The link you provided does not indicate that to be the case.

You may need to make an additional purchase - that being the transmitter. Not sure about there being an IR transmitter for a phone. Bluetooth likely to be built in but not IR per se.

If you ordered Bluetooth you received the wrong product. Return/exchange the headphones if you can.

If you ordered the wrong product you may be able to return it for a refund or exchange. That is up to the seller and the terms of the purchase agreement.

Contact them and see what options, if any, you may have.

Solution