Blue screen of death. Tried everything? Lost all family history ?

Philcarr24

Commendable
Dec 3, 2016
So I came to turn on my acer Aspire 5535 laptop with windows 10, and I was greeted with a "automatic repair" screen and then a "blue stop code" screen with the error "fat file system". Automatic repair will not work, I have tried to repair using a USB flash drive with W10 installed, and will let me got to the install screen but quickly goes back to the original blue screen of death.
All my family photos of the children growing up are on this laptop, is there any way of retrieving this?? Please help as I can't seem to fix this issue.

Solution

DO as nine layer nige says. A BSOD just means that windows is broken. However everything is still on the hdd and able to be retrieved by connecting it to another pc and boot it's operating system if...

DO as nine layer nige says. A BSOD just means that windows is broken. However everything is still on the hdd and able to be retrieved by connecting it to another pc and boot it's operating system if it ask you to format or something like that DON'T DO IT JUST DON'T or everything will be lost. Then after it detects it (might need a restart) go to the file explorer on the secondary pc and look foor the pictures and copy them.

Solution