Ebay item return after refund

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dimitris_1

Reputable
Nov 26, 2015
Ok so i bought an item from ebay and it came late ( after 30 days) so i asked a refund. The seller gave me the refund and asked me to change my feedback to positive. Do i have to return the item? The seller didnt say anything about returning. He even offered me another item but i only asked for refund. do i have to return the item?

Solution

You did the right thing by PMing. You already know there is a possible problem with you receiving the item and a refund. Otherwise I doubt this post would be here. Most answers confirmed your suspicion. Regardless of store policy there is another compass that normally points you in the right direction so you know what you have to do.

And now there are no worries. They said no. It would cost them too much to get it shipped back. The seller absorbs the loss and possibly gains some residual income.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Why not just PM the seller and ask what he/she would prefer you do with the item?

Regarding the feedback change. That is up to you. However, it sounds like there was a mistake made somewhere and the seller is trying to do right by you. That is a positive action by a responsible seller.

Wolfshadw

Titan
Entirely up to the seller, but generally speaking, if you request a refund, you need to return the item. Think of it this way, if you walked into a store and requested a refund, do you think you'd get it if you did not return the item?

-Wolf sends

Jeremy Howard

Reputable
Feb 28, 2014
It was probably sent and got held up in shipping and you asked for a refund while it was in transit. Not many sellers will give a refund without getting the product back.

was the item shipped internationally? if so, that would explain a delay which is out of the sellers hands. international shipping can often be held up in customs.

the only time a seller would be responsible for a delay is if they did not deliver the item promptly to the shipping company. with that said, if it is an error on the shipping companies part the shipping charges might be refundable back to the seller and then back to you in some cases.

proper ebay etiquette is to always contact the seller if you have an issue before leaving bad feedback to give them a chance to sort things out for you. sellers are also more likely to go out of their way for customers who do not lash out at them than those which do.

it seems like the seller went above and beyond in this case. you owe it to them to at least ask them what they want done with the item. if it is a cheap item, they may not bother given the costs of shipping

You did the right thing by PMing. You already know there is a possible problem with you receiving the item and a refund. Otherwise I doubt this post would be here. Most answers confirmed your suspicion. Regardless of store policy there is another compass that normally points you in the right direction so you know what you have to do.

And now there are no worries. They said no. It would cost them too much to get it shipped back. The seller absorbs the loss and possibly gains some residual income.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS