Solved

how do i activate windows 10 installed custome as 8.1 free year upgrade

on my moms computer I redid windows and instead of reinstalling win7/8 I did I think a custome clean install downloaded the usb iso from Microsoft and when installing I clicked on skip to skip the activation. I know how/where to click on activate at but I forgot as to how I get a key what steps to do to activate it
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about activate windows installed custome free year upgrade
  1. it needed to happen in june (maybe july), start from 8.1, in-place upgrade from there, then you are activated, then you can install win10 clean if you wanted to.
  2. someone once informed me said it has ended. well I actualy have had it activated once. I forgot to copy the key down though could I possibly use my Microsoft outlook login maybe that will activate it or any suggestions as to how I can get it activated I had it activated once before not sure how id reactivate it for a reinstal
  3. WINTERLORD said:
    someone once informed me said it has ended. well I actualy have had it activated once. I forgot to copy the key down though could I possibly use my Microsoft outlook login maybe that will activate it or any suggestions as to how I can get it activated I had it activated once before not sure how id reactivate it for a reinstal

Active on the same hardware? Just activate it, it's logged against your system.
  4. Best answer
    PC should reactivate itself provided you attached to internet

if it doesn't, have a look in settings/update & security/activation, there should be instructions here to contact Microsoft and they will help you
Ask a new question

Read More

windows 10 Clean Install