USB issues... never seen before, now happening more and more...

Nafryti

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
So, i swear i posted a thread about this issue at least a month ago, but i cannot find anything remotely to it... but...

My problems initially started out as a "did i just imagine that?" kind of issue... now they are full on "omg staahhhhhhpppp!"

It isn't even load based either, well, it is, but it isn't... i can play a game one day, and be just fine, start up the next day, same game, same routine, and it does it...

OK Cain, we get it, its annoying, what's happening?

Glad you asked, you see...
Your system sucks, nuff sed.
Funny, no, i spent way too much money for that to be the case, an AMD build in the $2.5K range is NOT bad at all, in fact, it used to be epic! But... well the performance kinda went belly side up when i sold my GPU's in desperation to save my relationship with my Ex, dang i was dumb.

That sucks, but still doesn't tell us what's happening, get to the point.

Sorry! So you see, i have my setup going through ONE usb hub, that i've used forever and is an epic hub, i've never had any issues with any of the five i use, and swapping out doesn't affect it, so i know it isn't there...
The inputs hesitate... my keyboard, mouse, anything on USB hesitates, i'm leaning towards an issue somewhere between Dx12, Win10Pro, and AMD USB drivers...

Told you, AMD...

Yeah, but you see, this only started up after Battlefield 1 Beta, which isn't too long ago, and i've been playing titles like Crysis 3 on Ultra at 60fps but that's not the case, as it doesn't matter what game it is, it does this.

What do you mean it doesn't matter?

I mean, it will do this on Solitaire! No joke, it was doing it on BF:Bad Company 2 Singleplayer mode, that game shouldn't have ANY problems on my computer...

Blah blah, you keep saying it shouldn't be having any problems, but then don't say what your specs are, how are we able to help with that?

Oh sorry, I'm running:
ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z
AMD FX-8320 OC@4.0 Cooled with NZXT first gen 280mm liquid cooler (the C80? idk)
AMD RG-2133 16GB DDR3-2133
ASUS R9 380 STRIX DC2OC with stock GPU clock but custom FAN settings to be more active in cooling.
Corsair AX1200i 1200W PSU
ASUS PCE N53 (Product no longer listed)

Initially i thought there would be an issue with installing all this in my Logisys 4U Server chassis, but only after i played BF1 did i start having any issues, in fact, i thought it performed better in the server chassis than when i had it in the NZXT Phantom White/Red trim, thermally speaking.

So, you're saying BF1 borked your computer?

Well, i've played many titles including Battlefield 3, Black Ops, Hawken, Garry's Mod, etc etc and never had any issues. Until BF1 came by and with its plethora of bugs on my system, and everyone boasting how "refined" of a game it was and that "there weren't any bugs" i found it rather discomforting knowing that i was the ONLY one suffering.

Highly doubt you were the only one, but they did polish that game a lot before release.

Yes i know, it was one of the things i loved most about the game, that they worked out a lot of the bugs before launching it, but i can't help thinking, how? They didn't even have an Alpha phase outside of the DICE company to test it with, and Beta was a week long to a select few who managed to discover the sign ups, and then there was the DDOS by that purplegoat group so technically, the only had Beta for a day or two, then called it "perfect" like seriously?

OOOO conspiracy?

well you tell me?
anyways, I'm growing impatient as now Star Trek Online is doing these "Hesitations" and the best way to explain it would be... Seizures, where the controls lock up for a second, and whatever was happening is repeated until the seizure stops... or is that Tourette syndrome...

its like half a second, input stops working, whatever was being pressed when it froze is stuck on repeat until it un freezes, but nothing stops moving on screen, sounds don't do that god aweful Windows XP crash glitch where it repeated a noise repeatedly until the system was shut off... no, its just fine, the input is just... derping.

It sometimes does it when browsing the web, rarely though, but it does seem to do it more in games, ever since i played BF1.

Edit:
Battlefield 1 is so buggy and laggy for me now, i can't even play it anymore... i'm rather distraught about that, as during Beta it was great at first, then by the end of Beta, the lag was through the roof, and a week into launch my screen would go black if i looked a certain direction, or it would go into stop motion, then resume normal gameplay, but all the while, doing that damned hesitation, initially for a whole second, but now is just about half a second, but no sign of going away any time soon.

Colif

Win 11 Master
have you got AI Suite 3 installed? Run EZ Update and see what drivers it offers as it could be USB drivers causing the input lag

BF1 is probably just buggy, many people appear to have performance issues with it.

I feel like I am 3rd person in this thread, not often the posts look like interviews :)

Nafryti

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
i read a post a while back about a game suggestion that was in this style, i figured since i've got the capacity to be more than one person (imagination), why not do it more often, its fun and it helps develop and refine character personalities

i feel like the problem got worse, after i installed AI suite, it sucks cuz there isn't a new version of AI suite at all for this board, yet other boards get all kinds of updates, i'm getting tired of ASUS's favoritism.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Might as well use imagination while you have it.

The update function is new, its not in the AI suite version for my motherboard but the Z170 got it. If you don't want to use AI Suite I would take it off, just thought it might offer updates. I wish it were that easy for me as well.

Instead, we have to manually check the drivers and see if the versions installed are older. Do it using device manager mostly. I see Asmedia USB drivers from August so they fairly new. you could use a tool like driver booster 3 as a guide to what drivers are available as updates - I wouldn't use it to install drivers as it is not always 100% accurate and has installed the wrong drivers on my PC twice before. I don't trust it but its an easy way to see what it thinks is old and might need replacing. I generally don't replace drivers unless I have a problem.

Nafryti

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
found a newer version of the ASM1061 drivers, unsure if that has any change, come to think of it, i only ever really notice it on GPU load, like, i use OBS to stream/record my gameplay and i use the GPU encoding to do it... i noticed its ridiculous when i either record or stream, going to check for network drivers for now, as it could be that too.