4 variant monitor setup or 3 qhd 144hz setup?

joj0sh

Commendable
Jul 22, 2016
Hello I've been looking to invest in some very nice high end monitors for my new set up. I am a huge gamer and I love to do film making and editing with adobe premiere and the rest of adobe cloud. For the 4 monitors I was looking at getting the asus pg278q as a 1440p 144hz tn panel for general use and gaming, asus pg27aq as a 4k ips panel for viewing 4k footage and pictures, asus pg248q a 1080p 180hz tn panel for competitive gaming and watching very high frame rate video from my camera, And last a asus pg348q as a ultrawide for gaming and editing. Or 3 asus pg279qs as 3 1440p, 144hz and ips panel for all functions. money is not the problem but figuring out how get the top named 4 monitors to play nicely with each other and work from a one pc setup.

Solution
I have the pg279q and its a great monitor. Its a really good compromise between size, resolution, refresh rate, and colour reproduction. And to be honest, I cannot notice the difference between 144hz and 165hz on my monitor, so I think getting a 1080p 180z panel is a waste of money. I'm not sure how big of a deal this will be for your high frame rate videos though....

I wouldn't get 3 or 4 different sized monitors because it will look really odd on your desk, and it may be hard for your eyes to adjust to different resolutions and refresh rate etc. i.e. every time you look at a monitor you will immediately notice its downsides, so for example, going from 4k 60hz to 1080p 180hz you will see the 4k as really laggy but high res, but the...

oczdude8

Distinguished
I have the pg279q and its a great monitor. Its a really good compromise between size, resolution, refresh rate, and colour reproduction. And to be honest, I cannot notice the difference between 144hz and 165hz on my monitor, so I think getting a 1080p 180z panel is a waste of money. I'm not sure how big of a deal this will be for your high frame rate videos though....

I wouldn't get 3 or 4 different sized monitors because it will look really odd on your desk, and it may be hard for your eyes to adjust to different resolutions and refresh rate etc. i.e. every time you look at a monitor you will immediately notice its downsides, so for example, going from 4k 60hz to 1080p 180hz you will see the 4k as really laggy but high res, but the 1080 will look really fluid but really pixelated. So you will always feel unhappy about all 4 monitors.

Having 3 same monitors (especially the pg279q which has thin bezels) will also allow you to run game in surround (3 monitor) views for added immersion.

Solution