Will my files be deleted if I upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10 through USB?

Axii

Commendable
Dec 5, 2016
Hello everyone!
I'd like to ask if would my files be deleted if I upgraded my PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10? I haven't really tried upgrading my PC to windows 10 because I have a game that isn't compatible with it (Rift) so I don't know if it will delete my files. Would I also need to reinstall my drivers or not? I'm asking this because the only experience I had with windows 10 is when I upgraded my laptop to windows 10 back when it was offered free and no files of mine were deleted nor destroyed. Thanks!

Follow up question : If my motherboard supports Ddr2 and ddr3, would I be able to use both at the same time or not and is it safe to use the ddr2 version? would there be any performance change?

Solution
First off, your files should not be deleted. I'd recommend an Upgrade installation is it should work in the installation path. Which edition do you have of Windows 7? Also, if for some reason you do a clean wipe, your folders will be saved in Windows.old whihc will allow you to revert or restore some files. As far as drivers, they should be still installed. If not, you may have to reinstall the program.

You may not want to mix and match DDR2 and DDR3. If you can get DDR3, then use that and that only.
First off, your files should not be deleted. I'd recommend an Upgrade installation is it should work in the installation path. Which edition do you have of Windows 7? Also, if for some reason you do a clean wipe, your folders will be saved in Windows.old whihc will allow you to revert or restore some files. As far as drivers, they should be still installed. If not, you may have to reinstall the program.

You may not want to mix and match DDR2 and DDR3. If you can get DDR3, then use that and that only.

Solution

You cannot mix and match, any mobo's that support DDR2 and DDR3 (asrock dual vista for instance) support one or the other at any point in time.

I thought he already knew that. If he bought a key from Windows 10, then it should still allow him to upgrade, per the upgrade path provided by Microsoft.

Axii

Commendable
Dec 5, 2016
Hello again, sorry for the long reply. I had to rest for a bit since it was farely late when I posted this. Everything went successful and I was able to upgrade my OS to windows 10 without any problems. Thank you all!