How do i connect my monitor to ASUS ROG STRIX X99 GAMING Motherboard? - Need Help ASAP... Please

LawnmoverMan

Commendable
Nov 29, 2016
I bought a new rig based on answers from tomshardware.

Config:
MOBO:ASUS ROG STRIX X99 GAMING
CPU:i7 6800K
PSU:Corsair VS 650
RAM: Rip Jaws 8x2 DDR4 RAM

I have 2 acer monitors , a 22 inch one from my old system and a new 15 inch one.

But i do not see a option to connect monitor to my new rig. Since i already have 2 monitors i need help connecting the 22 inch ACER AL2216W to my rig.

Do i need to buy a GPU to be able to connect a monitor?
If no please list options on how to do this.

If yes can someone help me with a very basic cheap GPU only to connect monitor?

Solution

Craftsman_2222

Honorable
Nov 4, 2015
You need A GPU to connect monitors, unless there are onboard outputs on the motherboard. The motherboard you purchased does not have outputs so you will need a GPU. Did you buy one when building the PC? You didn't seem to list one in your specs.

A good GPU would be the 1080, its the latest and greatest, but one of the most expensive going from 600-700 U.S. Dollars.

Happy to Help.

LawnmoverMan

Commendable
Nov 29, 2016
No
I did not buy a GPU as i spent on other parts instead. My intention is to upgrade in 1-2 months with a SSD and a decent GPU.

Right now looking for the cheapest GPU which will work with my config. This is only so that i can use my acer monitor. will upgrade to a better one soon as i intend to eventually use my rig for video editing.

Can you suggest a few? would appreciate multiple options as i am unsure which ones will be readily available in a store near me.

Craftsman_2222

Honorable
Nov 4, 2015

You could get any GPU to output a display as long as it has a VGA and DVI outputs, well for both of your monitors to connect at least. This card will be perfect, http://www.microcenter.com/product/459997/GeForce_GT_710_1GB_Video_Card

Solution