BSOD on restart everytime

OGtK3

Commendable
Dec 5, 2016
Hi, I have an issue where every time I restart my laptop it Blue Screens. The error is Page_Fault_In_Non_Paged_Area. I know this can stem from ram, and have done any and all troubleshooting I could find.

Only fix I've found is to remove the cmos battery and standard battery. Then dissipate any remaining power. The one thing I haven't tried yet is flashing the bios to the most recent version. The only thing I'm iffy about is it's gonna restart during that process. Leading to the BSOD.

Btw, on a further note it came with Windows 10 installed, and that worked fine. It supports Windows 8, and I've got it fully functioning. Except for the BSOD on startup. It even does it during the Startup Repair.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

OGtK3

Commendable
Dec 5, 2016
Only have one ram slot I did try a stick of ram from another laptop to no avail. I'm attempting to do windows update now. As that never really crossed my mind. Since it is a fresh install. Idk if it helps, but it was doing this even during the restarts during the installation. Any idea if the bios would be harmed if it blue screens after the restart. As it restarts the laptop after installation of the updated bios.