GPU Doesn't Show on Device Manager

PePhantasy

Commendable
Jul 10, 2016
Hey guys, I know there's few posts about this, but my case is a little different.

I have a notebook, it has a integrated AMD HD 6460M, or something similar, along with a Intel HD 3000.

So, to test the difference in performace, i disabled the AMD to use only the Intel.

I forgot about this change and turned my pc off. The day after, my computer wouldn't even recognize the existence of the AMD GPU.

I've tried all of the basic things, like updating drivers and stuff, nothing worked. But, the device manager started to show a PCI adapter connected, but it would recognize what type of adapter it was. So, i was pissed off and i select the option to uninstall the whole thing and now it really does not exist in my system.

The thing is, i don't give a F*&% anymore. I really don't want to try anymore soulution, i just want to know, If i format my whole pc, will it become normal again?

Thanks for the patience.

imrazor

Distinguished
It's usually a BIOS setting. Look in your BIOS for Enduro, or an option to toggle integrated or dedicated GPU. There may also be a setting in the Crimson drivers to Preferences>Additional Radeon settings and look for options to toggle the AMD graphics back on.