Unable to install windows 10 student edition onto new build via USB

Penajoe

Commendable
Dec 6, 2016
Well, let me first be one to voice how much theeadsnhave helped me in building this comp. I have no past experience just a desire to learn. Now im stuck, I am Unable to install windows 10 student edition via USB.

The USB has been formatted to FAt32 and copied the content from the ISO onto the USB... i only am able to use a mac air to do this.

Upon selectinf the USB in BIOS, I came across the error PXE M0F media test failure.

After reading several threads it seems that i had enabled the LAN option in my BIOS.

But when i disable it, my USB no longer becomes recognizable.

The motherboard im using is a Gigabyte G1.sniper B7

Im not sure if im copying the ISO incorrectly. Iv tried boot camp, Unetboot, and just copying the content onto a FAt32 formatted USB. None have worked.

Any help would be appreciated.

Penajoe

Commendable
Dec 6, 2016

this was the final option that i had followed, which i found on this forum in a reply to a similar question : http://superuser.com/questions/1042211/installing-os-via-usb-reboot-and-select-proper-boot-device?rq=1 .

I also used the program UneBoot, which apparantly is similar to rufus. I only have a Mac book Air, no available Windows PC

Penajoe

Commendable
Dec 6, 2016

yea, it is provided by my university, and downloaded directly from the windows website.

Penajoe

Commendable
Dec 6, 2016

Yes, this was the original step i took. It didnt work, an update though. I was plugging the USB into the 3.0 usb drive, but after reading a few more articles it seems my motherboard didnt have the software for usb 3.0 ready, plugged it into usb 2.0 and it recognized it!

but not it saying that the necceary drivers needed to install are not there. Im downloading ISO again from windows website, as the article i read said its most likely because my download was corrupt. If you have any other idea s to why the install said this would be helpful.

IM SO CLOSE....LOL

Penajoe

Commendable
Dec 6, 2016

correction i just checked the download link and your right its education edition, is it possible that this doesnt allow me to install windows directly?

Microsoft Windows 10 Education (Multilanguage) - Download