Wifi connection issues

Shiro_Kato

Commendable
Dec 6, 2016
Recently my cable modem router has been constantly disconnecting overnight from the wifi, and in the morning, it take me 5+ resets to get it connected back onto the wifi again. I bought a new coaxial cable recently, but that was not the source of the problem. I am wondering if it is my cable modem router that has gone bad, or is it something else. It's getting really frustrating to have to constantly reset my router for it to connect back onto my wifi. Just want to make sure before I purchase a new cable modem router.

The cable modem router I have is the
ARRIS DOCSIS 3.0 Residential Gateway with 802.11n/ 4 GigaPort Router/ 2-Voice Lines for Comcast (TG862G-CT)

Thanks for any help.

xStampede

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2013
It sounds like driver problems. What operating system do you use? Try uninstalling the drivers of the ARRIS DOCSIS 3.0, download the latest drivers from their internet page and install them.

Shiro_Kato

Commendable
Dec 6, 2016

It appears that I got the name of my cable modem router wrong, it is actually the
Comcast/Xfinity SMCD3GNV Docsis3.0 4x4 Residential Multimedia Voice Gateway

I looked for some drivers, but it seems that this device may have been discontinued, as I can not find a place to download the drivers.

Shiro_Kato

Commendable
Dec 6, 2016

It doesn't seem to work, the download link downloads a program called DriverDoc that requires a paid subscription to use. I also don't see the drivers on the program.

xStampede

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2013
Bad luck, without drivers the device will not work properly, it seems that it is badly designed and they gave up on it, did it ever worked fine? You should consider buying a new device from a brand that has drivers on the website.

Shiro_Kato

Commendable
Dec 6, 2016

Yeah it worked fine for the first year I bought it, but if I recall I may have purchased it used, so it was inevitable it would break. I just purchased a new cable modem router off amazon, and will try that. Thanks so much for your help!