cant install windows 10 from windows 7 and cant run dban.

concept_

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2011
Im having a very hard time installing windows 10 i made the mistake of installing my windows 7 32 bit cause I needed to finish a paper, then when i tried installing the drivers for everything my gpu isnt supported by windows 7 32 so i figured Id buy win 10 64 but now i cant upgrade. So i tried booting from disc and it gets stuck at the blue windows logo screen. So i tried wiping with my windows 7 disc and everytime i get to the installation screen my mouse and keyboard stop working, so i plug in my old keyboard into the usb 2.0 and still nothing. Tried Dban and i get a message that says cat: can't open '/proc/cmdline': No such file or directory. Turns out i have to disable uefi but I dont know how to on my motherboard. So im pretty much stuck here, with a gaming pc that cant game. Can anyone help me please?

Solution
You just need to wipe your HDD clean, by deleting all partitions. Leftover files from Win 7 on your HDD are interfering with the installation.
Hard to say without knowing motherboard model, but removing CMOS battery for 10-15 seconds while PSU is disconnected is your best bet.

This will reset your motherboard settings to factory default tho so only do that if you are willing to lose your current settings.

Hi

where did you buy your Win 10 from ?
Is it a DVD or USB?
Is it genuine?

If you boot off the DVD or USB you should find the option either to repair or upgrade or clean install which is the one you want
You also get option to remove all existing partitions

Put keyboard and mouse in usb 2.0 ports if USB or try PS/2 keyboard if that does not work.

Win 10 will install if UEFI mode on or off
needs to be on if HDD bigger than 2 TB

regards
Mike Barnes