Trouble with HDMI to VGA converter

Comi92

Honorable
Apr 12, 2016
Hello everyone...

Yesterday i bought one of these HDMI to VGA converter, and used it to plug my Samsung S22D300 monitor in my R9 380 graphics card... But after a while, it started to blink, like it was turning on and off every two seconds, and after about 20 seconds, i just get a No signal message on my monitor, and it stays that way...

Is it something wrong with converter i bought, or am i missing something else here?

51l9lIDdCbL._SY355_.jpg

Solution
Hard to say. We've had some startech models of those, and found a decent replacement from this brand (you would be surprised how often people destroy these things)

DVI is tricky territory since there are a few variants and the cable matters. Your DVI port is likely the one with Analog support, so ideally a DVI to VGA cable is what you should use there. The adapters like that are passive and rely on the GPU to provide the proper signal, it may be using up your analog source.

I would have to sit down with it and try all the configs to get an idea.

Comi92

Honorable
Apr 12, 2016

Could be that, it was pretty cheap... But i sent that one back and got a new one...

Now it doesn't send my main monitor to sleep, like last one, but instead it turns of my secondary monitor, which is plugged in via DVI port...and i can hear the sound like i plugged it off from the case myself...

Could my graphics card be the problem?

Thanks for responding...

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Hard to say. We've had some startech models of those, and found a decent replacement from this brand (you would be surprised how often people destroy these things)

DVI is tricky territory since there are a few variants and the cable matters. Your DVI port is likely the one with Analog support, so ideally a DVI to VGA cable is what you should use there. The adapters like that are passive and rely on the GPU to provide the proper signal, it may be using up your analog source.

I would have to sit down with it and try all the configs to get an idea.

Solution