getting alot of event errors

Jay_67

Commendable
Apr 27, 2016
Hey guys, Just about everytime I go to turn on my computer I will get the same errors in the event viewer. One says "Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC00000D4." The one after that says "The previous system shutdown at 6:58:42 AM on ‎12/‎8/‎2016 was unexpected. " Then it says "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly." Finally the last one I get is saying "Audit events have been dropped by the transport. 0" Does anyone know what could be causing these errors?

Solution
do you unplug PC a lot? I only get that if I plug PC back in after storms and it can't use fast startup as half the information is lost.

Fast startup uses hibernate. Win 10 doesn't turn off when you shut it down at night, it goes to sleep. It saves half into the hibernate file and other half the data is saved in ram, so when you startup next day it is already loaded and reduces start up time. If you have a SSD you can turn it off as it doesn't help as much for them. http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4189-fast-startup-turn-off-windows-10-a.html

Colif

Win 11 Master
Event viewer will always have errors, they aren't often relevant.

Systems running fine will still have them, some like "The previous system shutdown at 6:58:42 AM on ‎12/‎8/‎2016 was unexpected" could just happen if you unplug PC after turning it off , I expect "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly." was an Event 41, which is a result of a report windows runs every start up to see if previous shutdown was normal

You’re sure to see some errors and warnings in the Event Viewer, even if your computer is working fine.

The Event Viewer is designed to help system administrators keep tabs on their computers and troubleshoot problems. If there isn’t a problem with your computer, the errors in here are unlikely to be important. For example, you’ll often see errors that indicate a program crashed at a specific time, which may have been weeks ago.

http://www.howtogeek.com/123646/htg-explains-what-the-windows-event-viewer-is-and-how-you-can-use-it/

As for your problems, I would check you have latest drivers for motherboard and any USB devices as its more likely to be drivers than Win 10.

Colif

Win 11 Master
do you unplug PC a lot? I only get that if I plug PC back in after storms and it can't use fast startup as half the information is lost.

Fast startup uses hibernate. Win 10 doesn't turn off when you shut it down at night, it goes to sleep. It saves half into the hibernate file and other half the data is saved in ram, so when you startup next day it is already loaded and reduces start up time. If you have a SSD you can turn it off as it doesn't help as much for them. http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4189-fast-startup-turn-off-windows-10-a.html

Solution

Jay_67

Commendable
Apr 27, 2016
No I only shutdown from windows. I deleted the windows prefetch files and haven't had any errors since this morning if I get more I will try turning off the fast start up.