Looking for a multi purpose keyboard - business and gaming

durangod

Honorable
Aug 10, 2016
I run a home business and i play games. I dont want two keyboards so im looking for a new multi purpose keyboard if there is such a thing.

I have two old HP keyboards, one has concave keys and the other has flat keys (i mean accross the top of the keys). The one i have now is a full size 18L x 7W and if i could save a few inches in length it would give me more mouse room. But i dont want to give up my number pad.

I prefer the flat keys as its easier to type with my big hands and much easier to clean.

I also would LOVE to find a keyboard that the letters on the keys would outlast my system. They dont make them like they used to, i have a 25+ year old keyboard in storage that still has all the letters very clearly marked, but the last 3 keyboards i have gotten all have failed to keep their letters in less than two years, very sad quality.

I am right handed so i use wasd alot with my left hand, also with my physical limitations its a challenge to use the control and shift keys with my left hand.

I would prefer a standard layout but maybe just a couple of features that are designed to improve my gaming.

I would prefer backlit for sure and brighter displays for caps on and numlock, also without being too disclosing here, i need something thats easy to clean. My medical condition causes me to get stuff on my keyboard all the time so i clean it often so the keys have to be sealed or protected somewhat.

Im not looking for one made of gold so most expensive is not for me. But a good quality fair priced keyboard that i can proudly display next to my new gaming computer (which will have red and blue led's inside it) for many years to come, and the letters will still be there.

Suggestions please, maybe even just who sells junk, who to stay away from, or who has good stuff would help.

Thanks so much :)

dave

durangod

Honorable
Aug 10, 2016
WOW i never realized how many choices and reasons for those choices that there are for keyboards, amazing.

I did find a Adesso keyboard that i liked but i could not find any reviews so i went a different route.

Well after some video reviews and some hard choices give and take, im down to these two final choices. One is cherry mx blue, and one is cherry mx brown. I do more typing than i do gaming so the brown is better for that, but since im older i need the quick reaction time of blue for gaming.

I wish i could find out what my current old kb is key wise. Because i like the feel of it. Its an old HP 644090-01 model ku-1069 lol too funny i found one on hp site that was similar for $7.99 lol JUNK...

Anyway here are my choices:

option 1:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823201064R

option 2:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823816078

I am torn between them and i cant make up my mind... help!!! :)

durangod

Honorable
Aug 10, 2016
Looks like ill go with the corsair, its got what i want and the plus side is its suppose to be one of the best in the market so thats great too.