'No Signal' When Monitor is connected to GPU

Sanjid

Honorable
Aug 13, 2016
I installed a new Graphics card today (Asus Strix 1070 O8G) but when I connected my monitor it's not getting any signal from the GPU and the monitor switched off.

System specifications -

CPU: i7 6700k
GPU: Asus Strix 1070 O8G
PSU: Corsair RM850x
RAM: 32GB

note:
I also tried to connect my monitor to the on board video port when the graphics card is on the board as well(I know this is absurd) and Monitor still not getting signal from the board not even from the graphics card. I removed the graphics card and connect the monitor to onboard port & and it's working fine. It's just not showing anything when I install the GPU or connect it to the gpu's DP, HDMI port. I am noob so don't know what to do in this case.

Suggestions would be appreciated.

Sanjid

Honorable
Aug 13, 2016

Yes I did. the GPU lights up

Mc2203

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2017
Im having the same problem. Its weird. Is there a way that maybe it is the monitor itself that CAN'T read the GPU. Btw this isnt an answer. Its a question for the people who know more about this than me.

Sanjid

Honorable
Aug 13, 2016
My issue has been solved.. I am posting my solution so that it can help you guys if you are having the same issue.

OK... after digging up a lot I found out that it was my Motherboard (mine is Asus maximus viii hero). On BIOS setting PCI-E slot was Disabled (idk why) . I just enabled it .. and then installed my GPU and voilà!

You can give it a try... hope it ill also work for you.