24" 144hz 1440p Monitor?

Solution
Yeah, I have a dual 24" 1440p monitor setup. One monitor is the Dell S2417DG 144Hz monitor and the other is an Acer IPS 60Hz monitor.

When both monitors are just displaying the desktop it's easy to see the difference between the two because they are sitting side-by-side displaying the same background image. The color just looks better on the IPS screen. I did calibrate the Dell TN monitor to the point where it looks good to me but there is nothing I can do that will make them match.

I certainly wouldn't recommend this Dell G-Sync monitor to someone who edits images for a living or simply cares about perfect color. That being said I think that Dell is a great gaming monitor. When I'm not looking at a side by side copy of the same...

king3pj

Distinguished

Yes. Good link. There is the Dell S2417DG that meets OP's criteria. And it is priced decent. Only negative is that it is a TN panel instead of IPS. But that is why the price is $450 range as compared to $700 for IPS.

king3pj

Distinguished
Yeah, I have a dual 24" 1440p monitor setup. One monitor is the Dell S2417DG 144Hz monitor and the other is an Acer IPS 60Hz monitor.

When both monitors are just displaying the desktop it's easy to see the difference between the two because they are sitting side-by-side displaying the same background image. The color just looks better on the IPS screen. I did calibrate the Dell TN monitor to the point where it looks good to me but there is nothing I can do that will make them match.

I certainly wouldn't recommend this Dell G-Sync monitor to someone who edits images for a living or simply cares about perfect color. That being said I think that Dell is a great gaming monitor. When I'm not looking at a side by side copy of the same image the colors look fine to me. I haven't noticed the switch from IPS to TN at all when gaming. I'm sure if I was trying to game across both screens I would but I only use the second monitor for controlling my music playback or looking something up on the internet. while I'm playing a game.

The real reason I bought this monitor is because it was the first time I saw a 144Hz 1440p monitor with G-Sync support in a price range I was comfortable with. At $350 on sale it was a no brainer. I have a 1070 paired with this monitor and it seems like a great combo so far.

Solution