Windows 10 better than 7 ? (Gaming)

G

Hey guys! I got a quick question
Is windows 10 better for gaming than windows 7 ?
What I heard there is a much difference in performance. Is this true?
Thanks

manddy123

Admirable
As far as DX11 goes, the Windows 7 is better.

As soon as you get to DX12 games, Windows 10 is the way to go as you don't have that in W7.

In either way, safest bet is to stick with W10 even tho DX12 isn't still totally reliable. It might be in the future and i think you wouldn't like to upgrade the OS again any time soon.

liquidpower

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
directx 12 vs directx 11 is the biggest thing but they are pretty close (http://www.pcgamer.com/windows-10-but-what-about-performance/) but id go with 10 for the dx12 and new games supporting it

G

Cool thanks! :), does it matter if its cracked windows 10 or not cracked? Is there a difference?

G

Thanks! :)
Btw does it matter if its cracked windows or not?

manddy123

Admirable

We do not support piracy here at all. Please refrain for posting anything related to it here.

In original Windows 10, it will work perfectly.

Yes, there is. If you're running a cracked version (of any software, not just Windows) you won't get any assistance here.

And now that you have the moderator's attention it brings into question your entire library. Tread very carefully from this point on.

Every new generation, we are "told" it's gonna be faster ... it never comes to be unless they are fixing a bomb (read ME and 8). Win 95 was gonna "change everything" and it was 40% slower. In gaming, tests showed 7 to be significantly faster. Of course there's no DX12 support under Win 7 but with more than twice as many Win 7 boxes out there, I can't see them not supporting DX11.

As far as cracked, they are tracing your IP address right now... don't answer the door.

G

I dont have it cracked. Im asking is there a difference

G

I dont have anything cracked Im asking is there a difference between them

manddy123

Admirable

There is, the original is always better.

G

I dont have anything cracked im just asking is there a difference

Jeff Kaos

Distinguished
I just built a new system with a brand new STORE BOUGHT version of Windows 10 and I haven't noticed much difference beyond the fact that my new system is far more powerful than my old system and therefore running games at much higher settings and FPS. The main reason I'd take Win 10 over Win 7, besides the whole DX 12 thing, is that Windows 10 gives you access to new Microsoft games. While I'm not a huge fan of a lot of games Microsoft publishes I AM a fan of more options. And having more games to choose from is always a good thing in my opinion. The only problem is that the Windows Store is a hot mess and I have to rely on an outside web search to figure out what's available as a "PC Game" rather than some crummy mobile freemium game that can be played on Windows 10.