Reputable
Apr 22, 2015
SPECS
Motherboard: Asrock 970m pro3
Ram: Hyperx 8GB DDR 3 1600
CPU: FX-8350
GPU: MSI RX 470
STORAGE: 275 GB CRUCIAL SSD

I just built this pc and when I was trying to install windows it would just get stuck on their logo. I tried to use a different dvd drive and once I plugged it in and turned on the computer I started getting three long beeps and no video. I understand three beeps means ram, but we tried three different brand new sticks of ram. We also tried those ram sticks in other computers and worked fine. All 4 slots didn't work with all three ram sticks and we believe that the motherboard is bad. We also tried clearing cmos and that had no affect. I am wondering if you guys are able to identify the problem. How could the ram slots go bad after switching sata cords? This is very confusing and any help would be nice, thanks. :)

it is more likely your motherboard is no good.
if you tested the memory from this board into another computer then the ram is good.
when you changed the dvd drive I will assume you unplugged the power cord from the power supply, if not, it could of still have been under "stand by power" and swapping cables could of caused an issue...(remote but possible)