Is Windows 10 the only option for future PC gaming ?

DroneX7

Commendable
Sep 17, 2016
Here are my specs:
I havent built it yet.
Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz
ASUS NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Dual
Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4

I want to know which OS should i select.
I have used 7,8.1 & 10 before and in my experience 7 was the best(though i havent used it personally i loved it a lot). 8.1 with a decent hardware too was great for me. 10 was absolute waste. Tonnes of bugs,errors,100% disk usage,program incompatibility.
I can keep typing...Windows 10 gave me such a bad experience.

As Windows 7 is already going to get off the Gaming Market.
I dont know what to choose.
I am completely stuck.
If i choose 7 i will get the best but i will be limited to just a few years of gameplay as 10 is now the OS for PC gaming and in the future too 10 is going to be the only OS.

But 10's backwards incompatibilty is garbage , even though Microsoft claims it to be great.

I will miss out all my old games which i ran perfectly on 8.1.

S what should i do?
Almost nothing worked on Windows 10 before on my pc.
And as it updated itself automatically the PC got magical day by day.
When i was at Build 10586, i got Cortana for the first time, and the pathway to get it was very saturated.
But still i cant use it because i dont have microphone.
Here is what problems 10586 came up with:
Auto File Corruption- my user files got corrupted one by one day by day and i was left with nothing other than piece pf crap for 3 months.
100% Disk Usage - wasnt present on the previous build. But was really serious , the pc crashed a lot of times.
One time 'My Computer' got deleted automatically.!!

Some games launched when i was on the previous build but now nothing works.

So what should i do?
Give Windows 10 another chance or go with 7? I also have 8.1 as another choice.

7 has become aged.
And 10 doesnt run the aged(like old games etc.)
I dont want to regret my decison so asked the experts.
(Because i know the feeling of regret.The worst decision i had made this year was upgrading from 8.1 to 10. 8.1 too was bad but after putting a gpu and more ram it waa great.
Whats should i do?
Please help.

Should i first try Windows 10 , and if i am not convinced move back to Windows 7? A clean install?
Mainly poor backwards compatibilty for games is the key reason i dont want Windows 10.

Solution
I guess I can make things quiet simple for you.
If your intention for building a new system is to mainly play games on as a high priority.
And you also intend to buy one of the newest graphics cards on the market provided made by Nvidia, or AMD/ATI.

And intend for it to be able as said to play games from 2016 to 2017 and onward you have only once choice in OS selection that being windows 10 os .

Anyway that`s only a personal opinion, I still use windows 7 because like some people I just found windows 10 at it`s current state less unstable.

Because Microsoft in all there cough ! Wisdom only decided to include Direct X 12 in all versions of windows 10.
And not windows 7 or windows 8.1.

It`s a case of look at my left hand and what...
I guess I can make things quiet simple for you.
If your intention for building a new system is to mainly play games on as a high priority.
And you also intend to buy one of the newest graphics cards on the market provided made by Nvidia, or AMD/ATI.

And intend for it to be able as said to play games from 2016 to 2017 and onward you have only once choice in OS selection that being windows 10 os .

Anyway that`s only a personal opinion, I still use windows 7 because like some people I just found windows 10 at it`s current state less unstable.

Because Microsoft in all there cough ! Wisdom only decided to include Direct X 12 in all versions of windows 10.
And not windows 7 or windows 8.1.

It`s a case of look at my left hand and what it is doing.

But where you should be actually looking at is the right hand to see what fiendish plot is going on.

Eventually as a dirty tacit to force you to have to move to windows 10 usage, even if personally you would prefer to continue using windows 7 or windows 8.1 for example.

In other words manipulating you to change, and also having to use windows 10.

Just to make a Point you may of read or seen how the new Vulcan graphics API works with all or most versions of windows.

From windows vista, 7, 8.0 to 8.1 and also windows 10.
Considering windows 10 is the only os that is DX 12 capable.

Would you say Microsoft was using tactics to give people the reason to have to move to windows 10 sooner or later.

Due to DX 12 capable games only being able to run on windows 10
Where the Vulcan API proved you could do it from vista,7, and up to windows 8.1 ?

So it`s not good if the Vulcan graphics API gains more intrest and use by most game makers to include the Vulcan Api into there games.

Because it will hurt sales of windows 10 os won`t it.
Where it allows people to stick with a older OS version they prefer to use such as windows 7 x64.

Otherwise MS would of included DX support for windows 7 and 8 to 8.1 would it not ?
Sit and think about it? is it a form of manipulation or intended action to enable a goal ?

Of course it is. Over the Vulcan graphics API Ms will wish DX 12 and there API comes out top and is used more than the Vulcan API for future games to be released= more sales of windows 10.

Solution