GPU usage And Temps

Tintan100

Commendable
Sep 1, 2016
:heink:My second gtx 1070 so far is only achieving 50% utilisation and temps are far below what im used to
V-sync is turned off
gameplay at 63fps i kind need at least 90
cpu is a 4930k 6 cores ive got 16gbs of ram and a x79 deluxe motherboard and

Solution
Well your rig CPU wise is very 4K friendly as i run a similar platform but with an i7 3930k @4.2GHZ for 4K gaming. The GTX 1070 is barely 4K capable. Even running 2 GTX 1080s in sli I can't max everything in all games. When SLI is not supported the situation is even worse, usually. Point being a GTX 1070 would be the bare minimum GPU for low-meduim settings at 4K with no filtering or AA. As for you low GPU utilization I can't say. Even at 1080P with your CPU you should be capable or 90FPS or less in gaming (most titles not all). What is your CPu usage in games you can't get to the 90FPS you seek? If one or more cores is hitting 100% then your having a CPU bottleneck. If not the you may need to run DDU in safe mode and reload your drivers.

atomicWAR

Glorious
Ambassador
Well your rig CPU wise is very 4K friendly as i run a similar platform but with an i7 3930k @4.2GHZ for 4K gaming. The GTX 1070 is barely 4K capable. Even running 2 GTX 1080s in sli I can't max everything in all games. When SLI is not supported the situation is even worse, usually. Point being a GTX 1070 would be the bare minimum GPU for low-meduim settings at 4K with no filtering or AA. As for you low GPU utilization I can't say. Even at 1080P with your CPU you should be capable or 90FPS or less in gaming (most titles not all). What is your CPu usage in games you can't get to the 90FPS you seek? If one or more cores is hitting 100% then your having a CPU bottleneck. If not the you may need to run DDU in safe mode and reload your drivers.

Solution

atomicWAR

Glorious
Ambassador
Well I know you prefer IPS but honestly most monitors running Gsync are great from what I have heard, most are TN panels though. Gsync will help with the lower then 60 FPS moments with a GTX 1070 if you go 4K. I am not sure any 4K monitors allow for greater than 60Hz though so if a higher 120-144hz panel is more to your liking you may have to get something in the 1440P range. I hear some of the widescreen 1440P's are quite nice. Again that's up to you. What resolution and Hz rate are you looking at so i can better recommend a monitor.

Tintan100

Commendable
Sep 1, 2016
1440p 144hzvs 4k 60
neither will have g-sync cuz who can afford that
they're both in budget
games I play are bf1, overwatch, and MANY rpgs single player games

TRENDING THREADS