Asus Crosshair III formula motherboard upgrade

Mr0bama95

Commendable
Sep 25, 2016
Hi all, im looking for suggestions about a potential motherboard upgrade. I would like to buy a new one motherboard compatible with my actual cpu ( AMD Phenom II x6 1090T ) so i can keep running for a while untill eventually i will upgrade the cpu also. budget limit = 130 €

You can use an AM3+ motherboard for that. I recommend using the 990FX Chipset or 970 Chipset models. Check the motherboard CPU Support List for compatibility. Only the cheapest AM3+ motherboard models would not support that CPU.

Mr0bama95

Commendable
Sep 25, 2016

so i looked some motherboards after your suggestions,
i came up with the Asus M5A97 PLUS , it is the cheapest i found
do you think this would be anyway a sensible upgrade compared to my actual motherboard?
thank you for your time.

Mr0bama95

Commendable
Sep 25, 2016

i saw that one too, i think it is a good one but honestly i think it is not really worth the actual price, not because it is too expensive but just because it is not worth the sale price

Mr0bama95

Commendable
Sep 25, 2016
well, i looked into some motherboards, and, i looked into some cpus. I may be able to afford new a motherboard + cpu layout.
So would you recommend me to get a FM2+ based socket or an AM3+ based socket?
i saw FM2+ based sockets mostly have a cpu with integrated graphics, what this exactly means towards with my gpu? And how they generally perform only as cpu?
What is the biggest difference between those differents chipsets: A88X , 970 , 990FX
I eventually in the end came up with these motherboards options:
Asus: (socket am3+) 970 Pro gaming aura ; (socket FM2+) A88X-PLUS
What do you think about ? sorry for many questions, i hope you can answer