Decent computer starts to lag badly in some games

Kevin_218

Commendable
Dec 11, 2016
Here are my specs http://puu.sh/sMkff.png
Even when just typing somewhere, it would first freeze for a while then let me type.
So at the beginning, the computer was fine and was running perfectly with everything without lag.
Then suddenly, the computer BSOD and I forgot why but I ended up reinstalling my Windows 10 along with the other drivers. Now some games ( for example elsword) has one fps..
But games like League of legend and osu! work fine, however there are some short stutters from time to time. Other problems I have experienced is the sound stuttering. I hear it really rarely, and it doesn't last long.
I hear from other people that this sounds like a driver problem, however I have updated my display adapters (only "AMD Radeon (TM) R9 380 Series" was located there)
I also noticed that although I have intel i6600, its not under display adapters like I see on some other people's computers. Did I forget to install something..?
And as shown by speccy, I don't have any temperature problems.
Please recommend me anything, I am willing to try out a lot. And also, I am wondering if I installed my monitor wrong since it was a bit confusing.
But last time, I installed it the same way and that was when the computer was working perfectly.

akseli

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2009
How does the computer "freeze"? Completelyy, with nothing being able to done, mouse doesn't move, pressing caps lock won't change the light? And does it resume from such freeze eventually? Sometimes few seconds, sometimes over minutes? Sometime when it's long enough you can get BSOD from watchdog trigger?

Because I have that, and pretty sure it's caused by AMD drivers. I did sometime manage to find some old drivers that didn't do that. For me it's been an curse for months now, maybe close to year. I keep upgrading the drivers hoping they would fix it, but no. And I can't remember what the old drivers were that didn't do it, because it's been so long.

It's so huge problem I'm sure it can't affect so many people, as at least I would have heard about it, if it wouldn't have been fixed.

You have separate graphics card so the CPU graphics is disabled, that's nothing special.

Kevin_218

Commendable
Dec 11, 2016
For the freeze part when typing, it freezes only for 2-3 seconds and then just lets me type again.
And when I get one FPS in game, I can tab out and use google chrome or whatever, everything else is still fine FPS but the game has crap fps.
I noticed sometimes when I'm playing league of legends (i always have good fps in that game), then when I tab out and look at chrome I see League have really low FPS until I tab back to it. Of course, this is not a problem, but I'm just leaving this info out there in case it's needed.
So apparently, I have to look for a old AMD driver for my AMD Radeon R9 380? I'm really not sure how to do that. It took me 2 hours just to even download the newest driver which I heard good rumors about (crimson driver update).
I still have the disc of the driver for AMD Radeon R9 380, I should I try it or will it make no difference?
If I change GPU, will I be able to solve this problem? And if possible, can you recommend me a GPU that can run Elsword at it's max FPS (80), osu and league at possibly 144 FPS +? (monitor is 144hz so I want GPU that can run 144 fps)

Kevin_218

Commendable
Dec 11, 2016
Bump.. I still need people to help me.
I just tried checking if my PC was on integrated graphics instead of dedicated and since I use MSI motherboard it was a bit confusing for me to check but yeah, it was on dedicated.
I also learned with GPU-Z that when I'm running my game the GPU load is spiking from 0% to a random number such as 27% or 88% or even 55% then back to 0 and sometimes it would say "@0"..
I have just uninstalled my GPU drivers with DDU and reinstalled it's old drivers with the disc that my GPU came with.
Still, I am experiencing lag in the game. Also, when I go to catalyst -> performance -> amd overdrive.. i found that Activity is 0% and Power is also 0%.. It looks like this: http://puu.sh/sR1P7.png
My game is still running FPS 1 during this Activity 0%..
I was thinking that maybe I did not connect PSU wire to GPU (not sure if I have to, or if this option existed since I only built PC once)
But then again, the Fan is running with 445 RPM..

akseli

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2009
Nothing wrong with your hardware.

With GPU-Z, try graphics card bandwith test. It's on the "graphics card" tab, about midway, under question mark. And while it's running, leave it on, and try the game.

it change any better? The two games you've mentioned, are fairly old and low end in requirements. It could be the GPU is actually running on low frequency and that may seem to cause unusual flicker or something like that. The card will run on 2D clocks unless it notices something needs full GPU performance. I don't know if the render test is enough to wake

When you are playing just about any game, the GPU clocks should be full, which is about 1000 MHz for R9 380.

Kevin_218

Commendable
Dec 11, 2016
akseli thank you, but having the render test while playing the game did not solve my problem. The fps is still the same. Not lower or higher. If there's a difference, it's negligible.
I believe I can even have the render test on, youtube on, and Elsword on it'd still most likely be the same fps.
It feels like the GPU is just not putting enough effort into it, why?