Blue Screen "Your PC Had an Error" Came up multiple times when restarting computer.

Jodelle1066

Commendable
Oct 14, 2016
So I was browsing the internet today and that message came up. I initially did not think much of it because it has happened before like a year ago and it turned out fine.

However, upon restarting, before even getting to the log in screen the error came up again. Tried restarting at least 6 times with the error still coming up. Then the login screen finally came and I was able to log in. Working fine now. However, this incident got me concerned regarding my 4.5 year old HDD. It has for the past year been very sluggish and seems to have issues.

I cannot imagine the issue is my CPU (also 4.5 years old) or the GPU (obviously, and it's brand new). My motherboard could be it but I don't know. Wanted to hear some advice on this.

If this area of the forum is not the place to post this issue, then I would be happy to take it somewhere else.

That would probably be it.

CPU's last for a very long time, they don't slow down like when HDD's get old, CPU's just flat out die.

A surge can cause a blue screen so maybe get the PSU checked out and the motherboard should be fine for now (they should pop like CPU's). Also Ram just flat out dies as well.

The HDD looks like the most likely one, I have had blue screens pop up due to a dying one. Well funnily enough I remember finding it was the HHD's fault once then the motherboard decided to die as well, typical...

Jodelle1066

Commendable
Oct 14, 2016

Would you recommend getting a replacement, like an SSD? Also, how would I check the PSU?