What games will I be able to play on Intel HD 530?

Thelag

Reputable
Feb 22, 2014
So I am getting my new pc with the Core I3 6100 and Intel HD 530 graphics (saving up for a dedicated GPU later on). I will have 8 ddr4 running in dual channel mode. So I was I wondering what kind of games and on what settings I'll be able to play them?

Full specs:
CPU: Core I3 6100@3.7GHz
GPU: Intel HD 530
RAM: Kingston Predator 2x4 gb kit @ 3000mhz
Mobo: MSI H110M-VH
PSU: XFX TS 450W

Honestly, nothing too crazy, maybe some light gaming (i.e. LoL, WoW). What type of games were you interested in playing?

You can also use canyourunit.com as a guide. It's not very accurate all the time, but can give you some idea.

Thelag

Reputable
Feb 22, 2014

I'm mainly interested in games such as AC, GTA V Skyrim etc.
Thanks I'll check it out.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I would look through Steam for indie titles honestly. Plenty of fun to be had with old school platformers and the like.

But the HD530 is actually pretty fast compared to previous generation video cards. So older games will run quite well. A lot of those are available in Steam, GoG, and Origin. So older FPS that have gone free to play and the like.

Also so many F2P MMOs and MOBAs you could try as suggested by Herc08.

You could probably get away with AC1, maybe even 2, but those other games are going to require a dedicated GPU.

imrazor

Distinguished
Here's a test of Skyrim on a 530 posted to Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9cNYokG6TU
Looks like he got it playable on Medium settings @ 900p getting 40 - 45 fps. Keep in mind he's playing the original Skyrim, not the Special Edition.

There's a guy on Youtube, Lowspecgaming or something like that, he covers this kind of thing. Anyways, his goto tweaks are to force games into Directx 9 mode when possible, and to use custom drivers if you aren't scared to do something like that. Also, force Windows power settings into 'maximum performance' mode at all times. From what I've seen it does make a huge difference in some games. So if you want titles of games that might work well, look for DX9 support. Something that is DX 11 or 12 only will not work.