File Explorer Freezeing when dragging files!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christian_104

Commendable
Dec 13, 2016
Strange issue occurring on a fresh install of Windows 10, When I drag a file from my downloads folder in Windows File explorer the file I'm dragging will freeze in a spot and not follow my cursor, leaving the file explorer frozen or the file I'm dragging will disappear and also leave File explorer frozen! Could this be a RAM issue? The only way I can fix it is if I close explorer in the task manger. I've done a clean windows 10 install twice and it's only a couple of hours old and I'm getting these issues.

Note: I am able to successfully move and copy files when the drop and drag is working but this bug/error always tends to show up every now and than and it's really annoying!

Please help me identify the issue, if it's normal for a clean install, Ram issue or something other.
I've also tried safe mode which someone recommended and the error showed up on the 5 attempt of dragging a file out of the file explorer.

Thanks.

Solution
Try upgrading your graphics card drivers, especially if you haven't since installing win 10.

Install motherboard drivers as well, if its a brand name PC, from the makers site for PC< and if its a custom PC, from the Motherboard makers web site. Should do this after a fresh install anyway.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Try upgrading your graphics card drivers, especially if you haven't since installing win 10.

Install motherboard drivers as well, if its a brand name PC, from the makers site for PC< and if its a custom PC, from the Motherboard makers web site. Should do this after a fresh install anyway.

Solution

Christian_104

Commendable
Dec 13, 2016

Hello Colif Thank you for replying, I seemed to have fixed the issue by reinstalling my graphics card drivers, a friend that knows somebody who works for Nvidia told me that they have realesed some bad drivers recently and these are pretty common issues for the bad display driver. I'm currently experiences some other much bigger issues with my computer and I was wondering if I could send u a email of the video, it's pretty strange and is definitely pointing towards a faulty motherboard, but I would love u to take a look and maybe see if u can indentify what's going wrong, or someone who u think could identify what the problem may be. It involves a issue with the HDD light indicator making this weird pattern synchronising with my GPU coil whine, I'll explain more detail and send the video.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.