Blue Screen Errors On Windows 10

Zach_46

Commendable
Dec 13, 2016
Hey,

I have been having problems with my computer on BSOD but don't have a clue why. I have had my computer for a little over a year now, but I have a blue screen at least once every other day.

The errors I have had come up the most are:
"MEMORY_MANAGEMENT"
"PFN_LIST_CORRUPT"
"BAD_POOL_HEADER"
"SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED"

System Specs: (Windows 10 64 bit)
- Z97X-Gaming 5 GIGABYTE Motherboard
- Intel i5 4690k
- Corsair 16gb 1866mhz ram
- 650W EVGA Gold PSU
- Sapphire AMD RX480 8gb gpu

I was pretty sure it was my ram at first but I have thoroughly checked my ram 5 times over and nothing has come up. I have replaced my HDD to see if that would have helped, but it didn't. I sent my Motherboard to Gigabyte to see if anything was wrong and they said nothing was wrong with it. I have done a clean install of Windows 10 about 2 or 3 times. Almost nothing has helped except for when I turned off Sleep mode on my computer which stopped my computer from BSOD everyday. Now it just does it when I turn my computer on from it being off for over 2 or 3 hours.

Tried my best to figure out what was wrong to no avail. Any help would be appreciated

Zach_46

Commendable
Dec 13, 2016

This is what it gave me.. And i have run regular Windows Memory Diagnostic and memtest with both cards in and 1 card in at a time.

On Tue 12/13/2016 8:47:46 AM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\121316-27046-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x14A6F0)
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x41793, 0xFFFF80813C49FFF0, 0x64, 0x63)
Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules. This problem might also be caused because of overheating (thermal issue).
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Tue 12/13/2016 8:47:46 AM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x41793, 0xFFFF80813C49FFF0, 0x64, 0x63)
Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules. This problem might also be caused because of overheating (thermal issue).
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 12/12/2016 10:27:58 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\121316-24500-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x14A6F0)
Bugcheck code: 0x4E (0x2, 0x1D0442, 0x42FDFF, 0x1)
Error: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
Bug check description: This indicates that the page frame number (PFN) list is corrupted.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.

On Wed 12/7/2016 11:42:28 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\120816-21515-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x14A510)
Bugcheck code: 0x19 (0x3, 0xFFFFC80CA40CD010, 0xFFFFC80CA40C5010, 0xFFFFC80CA40CD010)
Error: BAD_POOL_HEADER
Bug check description: This indicates that a pool header is corrupt.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules. This problem might also be caused because of overheating (thermal issue).

On Tue 12/6/2016 10:13:32 AM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\120616-25281-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x1A8560)
Bugcheck code: 0x1000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF802097AF560, 0xFFFFB401E2FC6768, 0xFFFFB401E2FC5F90)
Error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M
Bug check description: This indicates that a system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

basically something is corrupting your systems memory.
and it is involved with your virtual memory and the table that maps your what is in your pagefile.sys to where it is located when it is moved into and out of RAM by the windows memory controller.

I would start with the simple things first. update the BIOS and the motherboard storage driver from your motherboard vendor. (I would just update all of the motherboard drivers on the motherboard vendors website)

then run a Malwarebytes scan,
then start cmd.exe as an admin
run the following command:
dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
(this will get clean copies of windows core files from the Microsoft update server)

reboot.
the above will fix most kinds of failures including certain malware infections of the storage driver
but it will not fix the problem where one driver is over writing another drivers data.
if you still have the problem after all of the various driver updates you have to run verifier.exe and make some debug settings to catch the corruption as it happens so you can get the drivers name.
It is kind of a pain so try the other things first.

since the bugchecks involved virtual memory rather than physical RAM I would look at the storage system before spending too much time running memtest.

Zach_46

Commendable
Dec 13, 2016

I will try this out and see if I can fix it. thanks for the help